Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the report in The Times, you’d need to show an all clear on a LFT. How many days does it take to appear negative after having tested positive?
My son tested positive Thursday morning and was already showing negative on LFT yesterday. He had bad head for about 2 days and been fine since. Luckily he lives on his own and has spent last couple of days doing a bit of diy.

My son tested positive Thursday morning and was already showing negative on LFT yesterday. He had bad head for about 2 days and been fine since. Luckily he lives on his own and has spent last couple of days doing a bit of diy.
Good to know he’s on the mend. Just know that not everyone will show restraint and isolate for seven days if their conditions ease quickly.

That fits in with my experience at the end of October, dog-rough for days 1-5, much better on day 6 and back to normal on day 7.
Normal you say !!!
There must be some dodgy characters around the Fylde coast if you're normal
Nice to see you on Sunday, have a good xmas

Projections rather than predictions, although the media have done that since day one so I’m not surprised others do too now.
Call it whatever you want.
You can call them horoscopes if you like as that would match the accuracy of their data models.

Last edited:
Not sure why people are saying the hospital numbers are not going up. I posted the London data earlier to show they are quite a bit

London IS where Omicron hit first and hardest.

North West looks to be next and will go up more than it already is.

But the numbers are not looking like they will be huge.

More importantly they often do not come all at once. In Delta NW took it first. Other regions followed on.This meant the numbers were going up somewhere when others were falling.

Omicron might be faster as the spread might be. But right now Yorkshire is falling as North West is rising and they are side by side geographically. But Yorkshire's turn will come Likely as NW has fallen.

THis helps smooth out the waves so far. Hopefully Omicron is not that different.

The key will be what is happening in N Ireland. Hospital numbers fallimg mostly as the patients are young and do not stay weeks in hospital just days. So overall numbers do not shoot up as they do if dozens go in each day and then stay weeks as they did pre vaccine. The very low numbers over 60 catching Covid due to the vaccinations is the key to why this is happening. The boosters are working so far.
Need to compare with normal hospitalisations for this time of year to determine if they were admitted for Covid or it was picked up because they were admitted for something else but tested positive.
Huge difference.
The posted government stats don't tell us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.