Coronavirus (2022) thread

The figures are still important to those managing the pan/en-demic.

The figures aren’t important to those who have pandemic fatigue. Those people need to step away and return to their lives asap as much as they can. (Including posting on here.)

It seems bizarre to me that the person posting regular information gets hounded off this thread, leaving it open to Covid/Vax deniers to post whatever information they’ve found on twitter posted on the back of a fag packet.

Science was and continues to be the way out of the pandemic.

My personal opinion is that although the powers that be should still be monitoring hospitals etc. they should stop the obsession with case data once we get to that date in March where all restrictions are dropped.

It’s because it’s hysterical and overly emotional on your part as you have decided because you don’t agree on something to make it personal.
Is it fuck mate. It's actually a very reasonable point to raise in respect of the subject matter.

Conclusion - no fucker on this forum would dare be as crass as that to our manager's face if they bumped into him in the street. And that is a cast iron 100% fact. If anything they'd be completely the opposite and fawning all over him. It would be more a case of "I'm terribly sorry that you lost your mum to Covid Pep" as opposed to "Oh well, she was in her 80's pal so it ain't a big deal really is it?"

Is it fuck mate. It's actually a very reasonable point to raise in respect of the subject matter.

Conclusion - no fucker on this forum would dare be as crass as that to our manager's face if they bumped into him in the street. And that is a cast iron 100% fact. If anything they'd be completely the opposite and fawning all over him. It would be more a case of "Oh, I'm terribly sorry that you lost your mum to Covid Pep" as opposed to "Oh well, she was in her 80's pal so it ain't a big deal really is it?"

It’s invent a straw man time again I’m afraid as I don’t recall anyone saying “oh well, she was in her 80’s pal so it ain’t a big deal really is it?”

My personal opinion is that although the powers that be should still be monitoring hospitals etc. they should stop the obsession with case data once we get to that date in March where all restrictions are dropped.
I don’t disagree with that. I haven't looked at case data for a while now.

I recently spent 11 days in Oldham hospital and whilst staffing was an issue, most elective surgery was going ahead. (This was at the same time as there were reports of the army being called in.) I didn’t catch Covid and had my laparotomy as soon as I was fit enough.

Beds were an issue, but not ICU.

As long as there’s enough oxygen to treat Covid patients, I think we should be as open as we can be, whilst keeping an eye on the relevant figures.

It’s invent a straw man time again I’m afraid as I don’t recall anyone saying “oh well, she was in her 80’s pal so it ain’t a big deal really is it?”
But that was the implication. And forget strawmen - it's already been explained to you why your comment about the vast majority of Covid deaths being attributed to people who were on their last legs is wrong. I even posted a link to an article explaining it yet you've dismissed it because it didn't suit your argument.

This thread is getting a bit out of hand now. Too many personal arguments and spurious claims that would be better in the Covid conspiracy thread. Let's keep the discussion sensible and civil please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.