Coronavirus (2022) thread

Do not panic on the 534 deaths today. This is some kind of data glitch as 519 were supposedly in England but the hospital ones fell on last week on just 205 so no way there were 314 more elsewhere than in England hospitals today.

Must be some big add from elsewhere via their major tinkering with the data and struggling to handle the new system.

Yesterdays looked suspiciousaly low and I suspect they left some out then as it was well below the hospital number. Maybe they added that error in today.

There is such a thing as changing the way you do these things too much and at the wrong time.

I think they have as they were unable to post any Scotland data as Scotland now posts it only 2 or 3 hours befre and it needs a super computer ro decipher these days.

Yes good point, but they were also massively wrong then if you remember rightly. They have hugely overestimated the impact from day 1.
They told boris to lock down in early march , he waited , in sept , he waited thus causing hundreds of thousands of needless deaths , modelling a novel virus with no data is more difficult than anything , they always said IF no measures are taken, to throw omicron at them now after all the scientists tried their best to save lives is grossly unfair

Do not panic on the 534 deaths today. This is some kind of data glitch as 519 were supposedly in England but the hospital ones fell on last week on just 205 so no way there were 314 more elsewhere than in England hospitals today.

Must be some big add from elsewhere via their major tinkering with the data and struggling to handle the new system.

Yesterdays looked suspiciousaly low and I suspect they left some out then as it was well below the hospital number. Maybe they added that error in today.

There is such a thing as changing the way you do these things too much and at the wrong time.

I think they have as they were unable to post any Scotland data as Scotland now posts it only 2 or 3 hours befre and it needs a super computer ro decipher these days.
Still 534 more deceased people , nobody goes by the 24hr thing in truth , we all know it is spread over longer periods sometimes , the total number of dead people is where we should put our attention

The better news is that cases - even with the 3500 or so they were unable to add from Scotand - is well down on yesterday and down on last week too.

England cases 88,085 - down from the artificially pumped up 112,458 yesterday & down from 92,368 - the last normal England number on Monday & down from 102,292 last Wednesday.

These are what the media will hopefully report properly if they can figure out this needless confusing mess.

Still 534 more deceased people , nobody goes by the 24hr thing in truth , we all know it is spread over longer periods sometimes , the total number of dead people is where we should put our attention
Of course, but that is not why this was wrong and should be pointed out.

The number is way over the real one for today which would have been reported and that will be under 300. They are not explaining why it is so high and such a jump. So it will be reported as the highest since last winter when I am about 99% certain it is not.

I do not buy the conspiracy theories but you need the data to report things as they are not a false perception of what they are right now. As it determines how people react.

We were doing that until they decided to change everything in the middle of a wave and it is clearly confusing everybody - including themselves.

Because I am all but certain these are ones they missed somewhere and are adding on in one lump when they are likely spread over some time. So there is no jump at all. It just looks like it and that should have been clarified before the media reported.

Last edited:
Of course, but that is not why this was wrong and should be pointed out.

The number is way over the one for today which would have been reported and that will be under 300. They are not explaining why it is so high and such a jump. So it will be reported as the highest since last winter when I am about 99% certain it is not.

I do not buy the conspiracy theories but you need the data to report things as they are not a false perception of what they are right now. AS it determines how people react.

We were doing that until they decided to change everything in the middle of a wave and it is clearly confusing everybody - including themselves.
Forget the media , you are the media so send it to whoever you know rather than every day putting the media down

Everyone knows about adding onto the "daily figures " which is just a way to produce data and not an actual measurement of the last day

US army to discharge soldiers who refuse COVID jab​

The US army has said it will immediately begin separating soldiers from the service who refuse to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
The order applies to regular army soldiers, reservists on certain active duty and cadets - unless they have a valid exemption - the force said in a statement.

Will we follow suit ?

Forget the media , you are the media so send it to whoever you know rather than every day putting the media down

Everyone knows about adding onto the "daily figures " which is just a way to produce data and not an actual measurement of the last day
I am not the media. Nor am I blaming the media every day. And not even doing so today. They report what they were told. The blame here is on that being mislreading and not being put in context to them as it should have been. I expect they will do so as it is being widely reported now as the worst numbers in months when that is misleading and they will realise that they should have explained why before releasing.

Deaths are now falling. Not rising. That is the message that should be going out. This data glitch suggests the opposite. That was all I am saying.

AS @Healdplace rightly called and also thanks for your input on this thread - It's a shame you have to face rudeness by the odd poster

UK Health Security Agency

Please note: Due to the change in our reporting mechanisms to count reinfections, there have been some delays in the reporting of daily deaths. Today’s data includes a backlog of recent deaths and therefore today’s reported deaths are higher than would normally be the case
The overnight changes reported on today’s Dashboard include deaths which have been reported since the last daily report. This does not necessarily mean these deaths have occurred in the last 24 hours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.