Coronavirus (2022) thread

Novavax vaccine approved by the UK regulator. Potential advantages are it is a traditional protein based vaccine that seems to cause less side effects and it may offer better protection against Omicron and future variants.

Novavax vaccine approved by the UK regulator. Potential advantages are it is a traditional protein based vaccine that seems to cause less side effects and it may offer better protection against Omicron and future variants.

We've been vaccinating here with it the last week. The hope is that with it being a more 'traditional' vaccine, those with worries about (what they consider to be) an experimental vaccine may be more tempted to get vaccinated.

Personally I think most of the unvaccinated are so entrenched in the anti-vax camp that it will make little difference to vaccine take up.

We've been vaccinating here with it the last week. The hope is that with it being a more 'traditional' vaccine, those with worries about (what they consider to be) an experimental vaccine may be more tempted to get vaccinated.

Personally I think most of the unvaccinated are so entrenched in the anti-vax camp that it will make little difference to vaccine take up.
Definitely agree. The main and only supportable (in part) argument the antivaxers had was that despite reputable organisations in the USA (FDA) and in the UK saying that they were safe they were approved in record time. Their argument being that there was insufficient data on the vaccines. Up to today over 10 Billion doses have been administered globally. These vaccines are now in the realms of the most tested (in humans) medication with data stretching into the 10s of Billions. My view is that what we are now left with are the mard arses who are afraid of a pin prick.

Chap I was at school with was a full on anti-vax conspiracy theorist who thought we were all stupid sheeple and said he would rely on his immune system.

He was taken in on flashing blues a fortnight ago into ITU and died last Saturday. His parents are also seriously ill in ITU after being taken in at the weekend.

Chap I was at school with was a full on anti-vax conspiracy theorist who thought we were all stupid sheeple and said he would rely on his immune system.

He was taken in on flashing blues a fortnight ago into ITU and died last Saturday. His parents are also seriously ill in ITU after being taken in at the weekend.
Such a shame and a tragic waste.

Mrs Moon back in Nov/Dec 20 had this on the trial, zero side effects apart from causing us problems flying but, to be fair Novavax did cover her travel test expenses.

Modeling is done by academic groups, not directly by SAGE.

You're suggesting that epidemiologists ar imperial college, Warwick University and the London School of Hygiene and tropical medicine are Marxists, fix their models according to Trotsky's dictum of perpetual revolution and should be purged to the gulag?

Get a grip.

Yep, get rid of the lot. Bunch of dinosaurs from what I can see, get some young blood in with more modern working practises. Or we could go and poach the experts from SA, they seem to know what theyre doing.

303 all settings deaths. Was 338 last week.

258 England. Was 302 last week.

88,171 cases - down from 92,594 yesterday (after Scotland was added)

And down 8700 from 96,871 last Thursday.

England only 77,189 - down from 81,446 yesterday & 85,288 last Thursday

England hospital numbers are OK again today

Admissions (Tuesday) 1537 V 1681 last week & 1794 two weeks ago

North West 235 V 244 V 285

Patients (TODAY - as all the rest of the data)

Down 154 to 12,423 V 13,651 last Thursday

Every region falls apart from NE & Yorkshire (up 17 to 2139)

North West falls 42 to 1898.

Ventilators down 3 to 429 - it is now 18 days since these last went up day to day.

North West up 1 on 47 V 62 last week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.