Coronavirus (2022) thread

You struggle all day long on a 10 hour shift trying to graft wearing a mask because the rules say you have to in a warehouse and then you sit at home watching thousands getting pissed up, dancing and hugging each other at the darts with not a mask in sight and you think what the actual fuck?

no cigs for the masses in those days, or processed food, asbestos, internal combustion engines so hardly any road-deaths or particulates of hydrocarbons, super-bugs, shift-work rare, very few sedentary jobs....add in the millions of young people who perished in various wars, flu epidemics and the population difference...
lies, damn lies and statistics..

no cigs for the masses in those days, or processed food, asbestos, internal combustion engines so hardly any road-deaths or particulates of hydrocarbons, super-bugs, shift-work rare, very few sedentary jobs....add in the millions of young people who perished in various wars, flu epidemics and the population difference...
Haha. I guess 80 hour weeks in a pit or shovelling coal fired machinery was indeed not exactly 'sedentary'.

Suprised Mancs aren't more familiar with the horrors of the early industrial revolution. Where did you thing your great grandad grow up? Chatsworth? Or 8 to a room in spitting distance of thousands of other families in the same boat, with everything running on coal?

As I said in the data thread, the best news emanating from the stats is the almost sheer fall off in critical care admissions for covid. That’s not to say people won’t go to hospital, or that there won’t be deaths but, with the CFR of this thing is now as close to seasonal flu as makes no difference, hopefully we can all start getting on with living again.
CFR now well below that of Flu.

23DB6813-6E8E-4AC0-958F-E6A5ADAFB070.jpeg

Well let's try and get the interpretation of the data right first. In England a 20 year old in 1841 could expect to live to almost 60. Today 80. Then if there is something remarkable we can interpret it. I think your flu epidemics or war examples are irrelevant as the comparison is 1841 to 2011. They might effect certain years, for example 1918. I doubt super-bugs take many lives.

We can make an attempt to understand the world (past and present).

“Superbugs” Lol. Superbugs are so called because they’re resistant to antibiotics. Back then there were no antibiotics and thus everything was a superbug.

Any little infection had the potential to kill. The last 3 generations of humans are the first generations in human history where infectious disease isn’t the number one killer.

That 2nd tweet in his thread is absolutely brutal and should really lead to people on SAGE either quitting, or being moved on. Time to get rid of the clearly politically motivated people that we keep rolling out. Imagine we took their advice and shut everything down over Xmas.
They're modelling has been embarrasing. So consistently wide of the mark.

I've just had a letter saying because I am immunosuppressed I need anther booster fucking hell with the flu jab that will be 5 I've had in 12 months in total

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.