Coronavirus (2022) thread

I see that the powers that be have finally got round to updating the main symptoms of Covid despite Tim Spector from Zoe highlighting them since before Christmas.
My main ones are now included, blocked and runny nose, tired and exhausted, feeling sick and loss of appetite.

A new COVID variant has been found in the UK - and early indications suggest it could be 10% more transmissible than other Omicron mutations.

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSCA) is studying XE - a mutation of the BA.1 and BA.2 Omicron strains.

As of 22 March, 637 XE cases had been detected in England, according to government figures.

As of 16 March, it had a growth rate 9.8% above that of the stealth BA.2 variant, the UKHSCA said.

I see that the powers that be have finally got round to updating the main symptoms of Covid despite Tim Spector from Zoe highlighting them since before Christmas.
My main ones are now included, blocked and runny nose, tired and exhausted, feeling sick and loss of appetite.
Lasted four weeks after I was testing negative this n’all. And I was testing positively for 15 days. Was a bloody awful 6 weeks of feeling like I had no energy and even needed a sit down and a rest after doing simple tasks like putting the washing in the washing machine.

Lasted four weeks after I was testing negative this n’all. And I was testing positively for 15 days. Was a bloody awful 6 weeks of feeling like I had no energy and even needed a sit down and a rest after doing simple tasks like putting the washing in the washing machine.
Thought that testing positive for 12 days was bad enough. Sorry to read you had it that bad.

My wife is on day 8 of testing positive. She has a bit of a cough and is a bit tired.

Whereas I have a mega sore throat, bit of a runny nose and am colder than usual, yet I am negative.

Why the fuck would anybody trust you on any thread that mentions politics?
We know where you stand on this government and the useless **** in charge so doubt many will be taking anything you have to add with anything but the contempt it deserves.

Are you the one who sniffs poppers? it shows. Contempt you say but 4/7 to win the next election? How odd.

Are you the one who sniffs poppers? it shows. Contempt you say but 4/7 to win the next election? How odd.
Because there's still a lot of cunts in the country with no morals or decency. You show yourself up every time you're allowed back on here after another time out after being fucked off.
Even now after all the scandel your scumbag party are involved in you refuse to Condemn them. You're a parasite. Patting yourself on the back because the cons are favourites to win an election? The state of you, fucking sad sack.

You could do with taking poppers, maybe all your wives wouldn't fuck you off so quickly.

Plus two ... me and the missus just tested positive. Just shit cold symptoms fortunately.
Sorry to hear that - but hopefully it will stay this way. The vast majority dying now or very ill in hospital are over 70 again. That is why the new boosters are very important if you qualify. There has been a marked drift in cases in the over 65s in the past week or two.

Today's England hospital deaths are the highest on a Tuesday (always the biggest catch up day of the week) during the Omicron wave since Christmas.

There are 314 today with 21 from the North West. It was 204 with 23 NW last week - though there is usually a lot of catch up at the start of the month and that is part of why today's number is so far above last week.

But the rise is definitey real. After NO three figure death totals for any date between Feb 8 and Mar 22 - four of the last seven days have been and all the next three days look cettain to top 100 after 5 days too.

In age ranges just 2 under 40, 11 aged 40 - 59, 98 aged 60 - 79 and 205 over 80.

Care home outbreaks again are a problem here.

The NW is actually the lowest of the 7 England regions on 21 - down from 23 and 30 the last two Tuesdays - BUt it is topped by 75 in NE & Yorkshire and 72 in the MIdlands - where 234 of yesterdays 477 influx of patients in hospital also came as I posted last night here.

Yorkshire is also clocking up the highest cases on Zoe at the moment - a position it moved into over the weekend.

North West is second and the southern regions are all falling. Though so is the North West still.JUst about.

Last edited:
1649162682818.png
As you can see today's Zoe graph shows that the curve has just about peaked at the highest ever numbers.

The impact of the third Omicron variant though remains uncertain in coming weeks as you can clearly see the huge jump up in cases caused by the second variant and the one that peaked in late January/early February - the original.

If we face another peak from the third variant and it is higher than the one now just peaking that will go on into mid summer.

Todays Zoe cases are on 4,598.791 ongoing cases - up just 8822 on yesterday so likely the peak will be today or tomorrow.

Today's predicted new cases are 322,066 - down from 328,893 yesterday. It has been falling for the past week.

Zoe numbers are becoming more based on guesstimates as their funding dwindles and people stop testing and so people stop bothering using the app. More boroughs have too few Zoe members to acucrately count - Rochdale has been like that for a week or two in the 10 GM boroughs and Oldham joined that list a couple of days ago. The other 8 are still registering.

Sadly Zoe will soon not be a lot of use other than as a general guide to trends.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.