Coronavirus (2022) thread

For the people debating the benefits of boosters, some new data out today.

Maybe I’m reading that wrong but if it covers May to December then many That were unvaccinated were unvaccinated because the vaccine rollout hadn’t reached them yet. In fact the vast majority of under 60’s won’t have had their second jab. I see there is no data block for single jabbed.

It’s really tough when one sibling gets left to look after a remaining parent, as well as the Lasting Power of Attorney ensure there’s a will, the LPA ceases when a person dies. Care home fees are anything from 3k upwards per month. You need to talk money if it’s an issue.

On the emotional side, it’s tough looking after older relatives, sounds like you’re a good SIL, with the support and help you are providing but don’t fall into the trap (which I have) of doing too much as it sounds like your partner is going to be either visiting or looking after two parents at two different locations

Have a listen to this from Jeremy Vine yesterday, it’s about 1 hour 5 minutes in, tells you all you need to know, good luck.

Cheers, will was amended few weeks ago and signed recently leaving his half to the 3 children. Making list of the mum's assets last few days but not easy as court still not granted power of attorney. I've been cooking, cleaning washing, etc while my partner visits both (pre covid on ward). I'm working from home so go round to her dad's occasionally on afternoons and work from there to keep him company. Will watch video later cheers

Listening to that doctor talking to Javid I predict they’ll introduce a Antibody test for all none vaccinated doctors and nurses if you have antibodies your fine.

I think like all half arsed, ill thought our policies it will be fucked off.

I’m very much pro vaccine but you can’t just sack doctors and nurses.

It's like a vegan working in an abattoir, his vaccine refusal stance just doesn't make any sense given his role.

Can't imagine he's popular amongst his colleagues.
I wonder what he thinks when he's putting a patient into an induced coma only because the patient was also anti-vax.

I think like all half arsed, ill thought our policies it will be fucked off.

I’m very much pro vaccine but you can’t just sack doctors and nurses.

Agree we have a shortage already plus all these doctors and nurses will be tested regularly.

Agree we have a shortage already plus all these doctors and nurses will be tested regularly.
Hospital staff are testing every day, so I agree compulsory vaccination is probably unnecessary, though there is a t least one poster that think infected staff should still be going into hospitals anyway, which is mad.

Health Secretary Sajid Javid has been directly challenged by an unvaccinated hospital consultant over the government's policy of compulsory COVID jabs for NHS staff.

During a visit to King's College Hospital in south London, Mr Javid asked staff members on the intensive care unit about their thoughts on new rules requiring vaccination for NHS workers.

And Steve James, a consultant anaesthetist who has been treating coronavirus patients since the start of the pandemic, told the health secretary about his displeasure.

"I'm not happy about that," he said. "I had COVID at some point, I've got antibodies, and I've been working on COVID ICU since the beginning.

"I have not had a vaccination, I do not want to have a vaccination. The vaccines are reducing transmission only for about eight weeks for Delta, with Omicron it's probably less.
And for that, I would be dismissed if I don't have a vaccine? The science isn't strong enough."

Mr James also revealed another of his colleagues held the same position.

id guess by the nurses awkward silence and uncomfortable looks at each other when he asked them first they are also unvaccinated

Listening to that doctor talking to Javid I predict they’ll introduce a Antibody test for all none vaccinated doctors and nurses if you have antibodies your fine.
Except presumably everyone catching it again already had antibodies from first time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.