Coronavirus (2022) thread

Had COVID about 6 week ago,first time.
No sweats,no coughing,no shivering, just a massive headache and all my joints were fucking killing me.
Ankles,knees,elbows,every joint......could hardly walk.

Ba variations apparently totally flouting the usual "this guy's had it, come back in a few months" immunity scenario.

And right on cue, Centaurus arrives, destined to spread like wildfire.

Big thing is the illness is not as deadly as the early forms. But it's still randomly knocking people out of service for long periods of time, and leading to the worsening of other conditions.

Please do take good care of yourselves.

Morning folks.
Tested positive this morning. Coughing loads last few days and mrs had positive test on Monday.

Have any diabetics on here had it? I’m vaccinated and boosted, but I’ve read it can cause issues with people who have diabetes and other illnesses.
Thinking positively, and taking good care, especially in the heat, are essential. Lots of rest, tonnes of fluids. No drinky drinky! Give your liver and kidneys some love, and a rest! Your heart, too. Keep on the light side of things.

And err... If your case is like mine and others don't expect much sleep. Or dry bedclothes in the morning. Or much happiness or energy. For a bit.

I had it last week, week before. Feeling like shit but despite health conditions I was ok. My case had a real sting in the tail on day 7 but improved shortly after. Went out yesterday, wow, was ok, but sitting down after 20 minutes, felt like I'd been hard at work all day.

It was a son of a woman, having just got rid of a previous infection. This is not that rare with the BA variations. Reinfection within as little as 4 weeks is officially recognised. With alpha, we were looking at over 12. Once upon a time, they'd automatically count anything in that sort of time frame as a single infection.

I do hope that the stalling of parliament is not going to delay an autumn and perhaps Omicron targetted vaccine if one exists now. A decision must be imminent as otherwse I suspect they would have lowered the age below 75 for the fourth jab as they are strugging to get anyone who has not yet taken it to come forward. Though people are still getting reinfected with Omicron in a matter of weeks too now which was not that common with past variants. It is mutating rapidly it seems. Hopefully heading for more catchable so we all get it but less dangerous. The best end game we can hope for here.

We are in a much better place today than in 2020 and I stopped shielding and updating a few weeks ago. But it is still out there and if you are particularly vulnerable it is worth remembering that reality - much as we would all like to say this is a problem of the past that you need to judge your own level of safety you feel that you need to apply possibly for some time to come. So nobody can do that forever.

It is still there and easier than ever to catch and we can never be 100% sure of what the next variant will do. But for now catching this one whilst still having protection might be the right move. Though not deliberately catching it obviously.

Only that these will undoubtedly keep appearing.

Last edited:
I do hope that the stalling of parliament is not going to delay an autumn and perhaps Omicron targetted vaccine if one exists now. A decision must be imminent as otherwse I suspect they would have lowered the age below 75 for the fourth jab as they are strugging to get anyone who has not yet taken it to come forward. Though people are still getting reinfected with Omicron in a matter of weeks too now which was not that common with past variants. It is nutating rapidly it seems. Hopefully heading for more catchable so we all get it but less dangerus. The best end game we can hope for here.

We are in a much better place today than in 2020 and I stopped shielding and updating a few weeks ago. But it is still out there and if you are particularly vulnerable it is worth remembering that reality - much as we would all like to say this is a problem of the past that is not the reality. It is still there and easier than ever to catch and we can never be 100% sure of what the next variant will do. ~

Only that these will undoubtedly keep appearing.
It's very unfortunate that we don't have a functioning government in general, and new, inexperienced, somewhat hastily Ministerial appointments for Health.

Minister for Health, appointed during the meltdown, is Steve Barclay, upon whom Wikipedia offers the following quote (from the Health Services Journal);

Steve Barclay is NHS leadership’s worst ‘nightmare’​

Meanwhile, newly apptd Secretary of State for Health Maria Caulfield is already in hot water, having told the House of Commons that provision of surge ambulance capacity was in place. When in fact, the contracts have not been awarded.

On BBC 2 just now the health minister said they are expecting advice by end of the week (so today I assume) if they should only give a new Covid jab this winter to the over 75s as with the fourth booster or lower it to 65 or 70. Plus presumably those with vulnerable conditions who are younger. Though that was not openly stated but has been true before and is true now of the fourth jab booster to a degree.

Looks like they are not going to be issuing one as widely as last autumn/winter.

its finally gone through our family this week 3 out of 4 of us got it
nothing too bad but plenty of coughing and shivers though

i'd like to think the jabs have done their jobs and stopped it being much worse than it could of been

The BBC news just now report that cases are still rising but note this ONS data is 10 days old
So the 'hints' of a fall they report and hope there that numbers may fall soon is out of date.

The good news is the numbers have indeed fallen and that fall in the data started about the exact date todays ONS data comes from over a week ago.

It appears in all the more up to date numbers that we now get - including the weekly reported cases yesterday in England - that in Greater Manchester's 10 boroughs for example fell from a daily average of 1045 the previous Thursday to 774 yesterday.

The ONS survey will almost certainly tell you this news next Friday. But be assured the other three key indicators already show that it did peak more than a week ago.

Deaths in England hospitals are up this week as they are the final measure to fall and still reflecting the peak of cases from around 10 days ago. They have not peaked as high as the last wave did in late Spring which was at over 800 a week, The most recent 7 days in England hosptals saw 693 deaths.

This should be close to the worst of it in this wave. So nothing indficates current Covid variants are more dangerous. Though that risk will remain of course that one might.

Hospital admissions are slowly falling in England already. These peaked at 2005 on 11 July but have been below 2K ever since. 18 July - Monday nearly always the highest number of the week - was 1754 which is about the rate of current weekly falls from that 2005 the Monday before.

England patients have been falling too over the past week and were on 13,375 yesterday - a fall of 170 on the day and down from 13,807 week to week. This wave peaked at 14,044 patients Monday.

Ventilator patients yesterday were down on 283 - up just 1 week to week after peaking on 307. Why it seems safe to say deaths will now be falling too over the coming days.

Todays Zoe App graph shows clearly the same thing from their different method of estimating cases via direct reporting on the app.

You can clearly see the peak and how it is now falling.

Todays new cases are estimated as 285,834 - the first drop below 300K in several weeks. It did go as high as 351,546 on 12 July.

Numbers predicted to have Covid as of today for ongoing infections are 4,540,836 - down 44K on the day V 28K yesterday. They peaked at 4,652,603 four days ago.

So all these things are in agreement as to where we are headed.

1658493969638.png

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.