Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

still fine?

Yes. It's not clear at all next season will be a normal one. If our biggest problem is we will have a more difficult group than last season, I'm fine with it. We'll have no problems winning it.

I think that the CL will be concluded as well, not cancelled. Maybe in August or September or even in October but they'll find a solution. UEFA will be absolutely desperate to do it.

They can't award them the title as they haven't actually won it yet, and if they did then the clubs in promotion places would demand the same treatment. The clubs then relegated would sue for hundreds of millions plus the clubs missing out on European places. There may still be lawsuits if they just call it null & void but it would be the best case scenario out of a pretty shitty hand.

The clubs in promotion are not so far ahead as Liverpool though. And the other clubs in the Championship might be against it.

I'm not saying that Liverpool should be awarded the title but that I wouldn't be unhappy if the PL clubs decided so. It's enough for me that their season is on the brink of being absolutely spoiled and that even if they get the title, it won't mean as much given the circumstances and they will be mocked for it.

City fans who said they aren't arse about Dippers get the title. Let me ask you, What IF Champions League get void. So Dippers got dump out by Atletico won't count. Then come next year they draw an easy ass team for their round 16. Now would you be arse?
I be fucking livid, my blood would boil. Give them the fucking PL I don't care. As long as don't void the CL out, these so call world best Dippers side NEEDS to be remember as the one got dump out by Simeone. And not just remember by in the memories of fans, but actually written in CL futbal history.

btw, those who say Dippers are 25 points ahead. Excuse you, City HAVE a game in hand. Meaning if City win it, Dippers will be 22 pts ahead. Don't give them the 3 pts when they fucking play a game *already* haead of City.

SHAME on you if you a City fan and you kiss Dippers ass like that. If you going to say 25 pts head, at least said with City have a game in hand. Don't *automatic* assume that City will lost the game. It only 25 pts when City *actually* get to play the game after this whole Corona thing calm down and lost.

and with their recent form, both of bottling and on the pitch, who can guarantee they would get the points necessary to WIN it?

. Give them the fucking PL I don't care. As long as don't void the CL out, these so call world best Dippers side NEEDS to be remember as the one got dump out by Simeone. And not just remember by in the memories of fans, but actually written in CL futbal history.

I think it's more likely to void the PL season than the CL season. The former requires 80 games to be played in order to be concluded, the latter fewer than 20. And UEFA might decide that the 1/4 and the 1/2 finals consist of one leg. So, it might take about 10 games to conclude this CL season which can be done within 2 weeks come September.

City fans who said they aren't arse about Dippers get the title. Let me ask you, What IF Champions League get void. So Dippers got dump out by Atletico won't count. Then come next year they draw an easy ass team for their round 16. Now would you be arse?
I be fucking livid, my blood would boil. Give them the fucking PL I don't care. As long as don't void the CL out, these so call world best Dippers side NEEDS to be remember as the one got dump out by Simeone. And not just remember by in the memories of fans, but actually written in CL futbal history.
They will be remembered by an asterisk*

Clearly the only sensible option is to void the season. No title, CL or Europa places or relegation. You simply cannot "decide" these things with a quarter of the season left.

I agree for the promotion spots but how do you decide the top 4 -6 for next season? Would this be how they stand currently? I think there would be major objections from the top trams in the Championship too.

and with their recent form, both of bottling and on the pitch, who can guarantee they would get the points necessary to WIN it?

Yeah and they (dippers) don't perform well after a break, regardless of what kind of break, be it whether it the corona virus break.

It actually fair if PL look through Dippers remaining games schedule, find 2 clubs where none have the corona virus, and schedule let Dippers play those 2 clubs behind close door. And IF Dippers win it. Then go ahead give them the trophy. No complaint from me.

However I be fucking complaint if CL got void. Unfair as fuck if it all get restart, and Dippers draw an easy opponent in round 16, somehow manage to avoid Real, Atletico, then get a flop team in the final like Tottenham then go on and win CL next year. Fuck this, No.

Was out on a works do last night including a couple of Liverpool fans, two of the more rational sensible ones.

Both of them are gutted but are resigned to the season not being finished and them not being champions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.