Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Anyone remember last year CL? Every other club do Liverpool a favor by eliminate Real, Atle (and last year Atle team was a better team), Ajax, Juve, PSG, City, etc... Yet the Dippers end up wtih fucking bottler TOTTENHAM as their final opponent.

I can just see it, if they void this season, I bet next year Dippers will get like Valencia for their round 16, then some easy ass team, then like facing some easy team like Atalanta or Spurs again in the final. Then they remain the first English team who can retain the CL title (after Real Madrid).

FUCK THIS. This scenario just can't happen/. They win the PL, and then retain the CL title?

I don't care. Just don't void this season. The current CL holder need to be REPLACE, as they already got fucking dump out by Simeone.

CL do make alot of money right? As much as you don't want to admit it, but money will be the main reason why they won't avoid the season. Was there ever in CL history there ever be a void before?

Season needs to be null and void, end of. The unemployable lot have lost four of the last five. If that is translated into league form and assuming we win our game in hand and beat them then we may only be around ten points behind with 15 to play for. Watch their arses drop out then. Season starts in August as if it was the 2019/2020 season again with all teams being in the same league. No relegation or promotion. CL and Europa league based on previous season standings so we would be pot 1 again and rags in Europa. Of course there is so much money at stake that the sensible decision won’t be taken. If affects all leagues not just Premier and whilst teams such as Leeds will moan it’s just one of those things unfortunately. Only thing that still stands would be CS and Caraboa Cup as they were completed.

Was out on a works do last night including a couple of Liverpool fans, two of the more rational sensible ones.

Both of them are gutted but are resigned to the season not being finished and them not being champions

sounds like they’re over the first step in the grieving process: shock and disbelief. Next it’s pain and guilt with much candle lighting

Telegraph running the story there’s no resistance to giving Liverpool the title so it’ll probably happen
That’s exactly what I expected. Very few clubs, especially Liverpool’s rivals such as Everton, City, or United, are going to stick their heads above the parapet and say that Liverpool shouldn’t get the title. It would just look churlish and bitter. And most clubs have bigger priorities than stopping Liverpool being given the title.

The clubs in the relegation spots would clearly like to see the season voided. But they would be more than happy to see the season frozen, Liverpool declared champions, and relegation suspended for a year. If they believe they’ve more chance of getting 14 votes for that option rather than voiding the season, that’s what they’ll push for. That really depends on which clubs the PL wants to face in court, Villa or Leeds?

United would love to see Liverpool deprived of the title. But their overwhelming priority would be to finish 5th and hope our ban is upheld.

City would love to see Liverpool deprived of the title. But doesn’t that put at risk a significant chunk of merit money if the season is voided? Would we really risk that just to put one over on Liverpool, especially as we’re going to lose money because of the break.

Spurs and Arsenal might vote to void the season as it would give them possible routes back in to the CL. But they’d be laughing stocks if they did.

The rest of the clubs will solely be focused on mitigating the financial impact of the break. They’ll all be desperate not to lose the Sky/Bt money if those contracts are breached. They’ll want a deal to be struck that minimises those losses. They’ll be hugely motivated by the desire to keep Sky/ BT onside. And I rather think that Sky and BT would like to see Liverpool get the title.

Yeah and they (dippers) don't perform well after a break, regardless of what kind of break, be it whether it the corona virus break.

It actually fair if PL look through Dippers remaining games schedule, find 2 clubs where none have the corona virus, and schedule let Dippers play those 2 clubs behind close door. And IF Dippers win it. Then go ahead give them the trophy. No complaint from me.

However I be fucking complaint if CL got void. Unfair as fuck if it all get restart, and Dippers draw an easy opponent in round 16, somehow manage to avoid Real, Atletico, then get a flop team in the final like Tottenham then go on and win CL next year. Fuck this, No.

if PL look through Dippers remaining games schedule, find 2 clubs where none have the corona virus, and schedule let Dippers play those 2 clubs behind close door. And IF Dippers win it. Then go ahead give them the trophy. No complaint from me.

Are you the fking wind up merchant,
Seems you haven't been reading/listening to what these cu.ts have been up to behind are backs..
Fk um & hopefully its another 30 fking years before they win it..

Telegraph said Liverpool will be giving the title even if the season will be void. I'm not arse about it due to they quite far ahead.

Anyhoo I will be fucking arse if they cancel the CL, Atletico dump these cnuts out of the round 16 AND broke their away Anfield win records. I be fucking mad if those get void.

CL bring in alot of money, it the biggest tornament in club futball. I hope they continue on. Just push back EURO and finish CL in the summer.

btw, FUCK you Dippers. Nothing in this world would help to make me hate you any less.
The Media, from the BBC to the Telegraph, will be printing this nonsense like they print all their nonsense. Propaganda. On the one hand to get people used to an appalling idea, on the other to put pressure on the authorities (PL, FA etc.) do what they want. If the dippers are awarded the title in a season when the league is voided then all pretense that professional football is not bent in this country goes out the window.

Season needs to be null and void, end of. The unemployable lot have lost four of the last five. If that is translated into league form and assuming we win our game in hand and beat them then we may only be around ten points behind with 15 to play for. Watch their arses drop out then. Season starts in August as if it was the 2019/2020 season again with all teams being in the same league. No relegation or promotion. CL and Europa league based on previous season standings so we would be pot 1 again and rags in Europa. Of course there is so much money at stake that the sensible decision won’t be taken. If affects all leagues not just Premier and whilst teams such as Leeds will moan it’s just one of those things unfortunately. Only thing that still stands would be CS and Caraboa Cup as they were completed.

so City are the only team to have won anything that was winnable this season. If you’re suggesting scrapping the Champions league too..

Anyone remember last year CL? Every other club do Liverpool a favor by eliminate Real, Atle (and last year Atle team was a better team), Ajax, Juve, PSG, City, etc... Yet the Dippers end up wtih fucking bottler TOTTENHAM as their final opponent.

I can just see it, if they void this season, I bet next year Dippers will get like Valencia for their round 16, then some easy ass team, then like facing some easy team like Atalanta or Spurs again in the final. Then they remain the first English team who can retain the CL title (after Real Madrid).

FUCK THIS. This scenario just can't happen/. They win the PL, and then retain the CL title?

I don't care. Just don't void this season. The current CL holder need to be REPLACE, as they already got fucking dump out by Simeone.

CL do make alot of money right? As much as you don't want to admit it, but money will be the main reason why they won't avoid the season. Was there ever in CL history there ever be a void before?
If that happens there will be an asterisk against that honour!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.