Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

That’s fine. Your life, your choice. If you want to stay indoors indefinitely until this is fixed, nobody is stopping you. I’m certainly not alone in my views.

Thanks. I’ll tell my kids I don’t care about their mental wellbeing because someone off bluemoon told me to. Job done.

I’m done responding on this now though. I can see where this is going, and I don’t want to start insulting people in return.
There is an ignore button for a reason. Use it as it helps my wellbeing. The amount of morons on here is quite frightening

anything but playing your home games in front of your own fans damages the integrity of the competition
absolutely and no one even mentions it.

LFC are going to set unbreakable records playing their "away" games against their nearest rivals without the opposition fans. wtf. The whole thing has been distorted by the media, we're going to play a tournament in the middle of a deadly pandemic - I cant imagine anything less damaging for the image of football.

LFC are going to set unbreakable records playing their "away" games against their nearest rivals without the opposition fans. wtf. The whole thing has been distorted by the media, we're going to play a tournament in the middle of a deadly pandemic - I cant imagine anything less damaging for the image of football.

You know the opposite of that is they will play their home games with no fans?

You know the opposite of that is they will play their home games with no fans?
Aye. But City played LFC at theirs against their crowd, Arsenal the same at Anfield... LFC get to play the reverse fixture with no fans. Integrity out of the window tbh.

There again it's extraordinary times so we should let it go? Well should we let the records that LFC set stand?

So we can't get fucking tests for ourselves, but somehow magically because MONEY is involved, they'll have fucking thousands of tests available for footballers and the (approx) 350 people needed for every game to be played? Not only are the FA and PL culpable here, but the govt are a fucking disgrace if this is allowed. WHO GIVES A SHIT about who wins the premier league or who is relegated/promoted right now? Selfish dickheads, that's who. Give them the fucking title and cancel the season, maybe next season is still a possibility but if its not, fucking cancel that as well or find ways to shorten it so it finishes on time.

I cant see how any 'records' could stand as the rules of the competition have been changed after 75% of games have been played. The remaining 25% of games is in fact another league with no fans, no home advantage, perhaps some teams short of players due to not wanting to play. Teams with nothing to lose might not take the 'mini's seriously and play under strength team.

It really is embarrassing how shit the governing bodies of football are. All this when my lads gf is working in intensive care trying to save cornavirus patients. Makes me so fucking angry

The image of football is already in the gutter , trying desperately to get this season finished & putting it in the guise of ‘ for the good of the nation’ makes me want to vomit .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.