Cost of living crisis - how are you all doing?

I’ve finally given Sky notice today. They are part of the problem so they are gone.
I have set a reminder ahead of renewal to set up BB with somebody else and order IPTV.

Their customer service has moved to India and is shite. Just c*nts trying to rip you off, they add a service charge just for doing their job.

People are living on the streets. People are dying. However the most important thing is to try and stop Manchester City.
If there wasn’t an earthquake we would be constantly number one news item it’s shameful tin foil hat on I switch off the second I hear the words I can’t wait for all the other teams to be investigated.

People froze all winter and BP energy companies make record profits we were trying to keep the bills down but had to give in by November and turn it on.
We pay £90 a month and were advised to up it to £194 a month. They refunded £900 which we made them take it back so then reduced to £74 a month
Complicated but otherwise survived this winter.

I am £1800 in credit for my gas and electricity account. I am expecting a bill any day that will wipe that out and some. CH set at 20 and it rarely gets anywhere near that. At the moment I fucking hate this country. I can’t even look to City to cheer things up.

I don’t know about anyone else but being cold has health repercussions when people sit with coats on and can’t afford to put the CH on
In the old days you could burn your rubbish and furniture most people had a fireplace no chance now

Yes this is true. Sitting in cold air temperature (below 18c) has numerous implications on health, particularly older or more vulnerable people.

Electric blankets or fleeces are a good alternative but obviously not free.

Or halogen heaters for a quick burst.

we had a fair chunk of credit with the energy firm we are with. they wanted to increase us a huge amount around November but we refused. with only a modest increase in payments we have eaten about 2/3rd's of the credit. So in terms of Gas / Electric we have done OK. our food and consumables costs have gone through the roof but so far we're doing ok.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.