Costel Pantilimon on his way out

as an ex keeper myself ive always looked more closly at the gk position than most.
imo costel has been very good whenever called upon,hes doing the right thing because he is far to good to play as a second gk.

he has helped us to the final he deserves his moment of glory and i hope he gets it(by having nothing to do on cupfinal day).

there is no denying joe is the better keeper,but to drop panty now would be morally wrong,.

and if joe did kick up a fuss then imo joe should go not panty,im sure he wouldnt kick up a fuss becayuse as somebody already mentioned joe is a good bloke.

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
Costel deserves to play in the final as that's been the deal all season. Whether he's leaving or not. If he is, then he will make sure that he plays to the best of his ability. His attitude has never been anything other than 100% commitment to the club, despite his limited opportunities.

Like a lot of foreign players though, he is truly dedicated to his country and if leaving and playing regularly will put him back as Romania's number one, then it's something he has to do.

On a personal level I can say that he is a perfect gentleman off the pitch and never refuses an autograph. I have one of his old Timisoara shirts and when he saw it and confirmed it was his, he signed a little message in Romanian (probably said ""You're a knob", but who cares!) I also got him to sign one of his Europa league shirts and he did the same thing as he knew me from the other time. Really nice bloke and if I still lived near enough to Carrington to see him before he leaves, I would. Unfortunately I won't get the chance!

To be fair, Joe Hart is the same and despite being England's number one, he will always sign for the fans too. I've known occasions when he hasn't been able to stop for genuine reasons and you can tell he feels really guilty about not being able to stop. Actually most of City's players are very good like that, especially the English ones. Occasionally Sergio and Yaya won't stop and Tevez is a bit hit and miss, but apart from that, most players are an absolute credit to the club. The one exception though is Nasri, who never ever ever ever ever stops. Nasri is all that's wrong with today's players. Up his own arse and extremely ignorant. To paraphrase from another thread, Nasri is the skidmark on City's underpants. Ignorant bastard he is. I wouldn't mind if he did the business on the pitch but he doesn't even do that for the most part. And if he was player of the month in April, then it was a bloody long time coming, and I suspect that it will be the one and only time that twat wins it.

Only this. Great post!

goater1978 said:
If he's leaving then why annoy Joe Hart by not playing him in the final?

If Costel was staying he should play to keep him happy but now he's leaving we don't need to keep him happy so we should play the best keeper. Which is obviously Joe Hart.
Correct, Joe should now play, i would have played our NO1 anyway, no room for sentiment in a final

Costel has not let us down when he has played in the FA Cup so why change it now. If he is going then let him leave on a high and help us to win the Cup, what better way to leave then with a winners medal.

This is likely to be inflammatory (as usual) - but,isnt he better than Hart? - and still only 26yrs old...................at present time i'd have panty

Obviously no idea of club history. Play in the cup final for city. Win the Cup with City while breaking your neck during the match. Hero forever, and you can play for whoever you want to after that.

The Blue Goon said:
Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
Costel deserves to play in the final as that's been the deal all season. Whether he's leaving or not. If he is, then he will make sure that he plays to the best of his ability. His attitude has never been anything other than 100% commitment to the club, despite his limited opportunities.

Like a lot of foreign players though, he is truly dedicated to his country and if leaving and playing regularly will put him back as Romania's number one, then it's something he has to do.

On a personal level I can say that he is a perfect gentleman off the pitch and never refuses an autograph. I have one of his old Timisoara shirts and when he saw it and confirmed it was his, he signed a little message in Romanian (probably said ""You're a knob", but who cares!) I also got him to sign one of his Europa league shirts and he did the same thing as he knew me from the other time. Really nice bloke and if I still lived near enough to Carrington to see him before he leaves, I would. Unfortunately I won't get the chance!

To be fair, Joe Hart is the same and despite being England's number one, he will always sign for the fans too. I've known occasions when he hasn't been able to stop for genuine reasons and you can tell he feels really guilty about not being able to stop. Actually most of City's players are very good like that, especially the English ones. Occasionally Sergio and Yaya won't stop and Tevez is a bit hit and miss, but apart from that, most players are an absolute credit to the club. The one exception though is Nasri, who never ever ever ever ever stops. Nasri is all that's wrong with today's players. Up his own arse and extremely ignorant. To paraphrase from another thread, Nasri is the skidmark on City's underpants. Ignorant bastard he is. I wouldn't mind if he did the business on the pitch but he doesn't even do that for the most part. And if he was player of the month in April, then it was a bloody long time coming, and I suspect that it will be the one and only time that twat wins it.

Only this. Great post!

"Nasri is the skidmark on City's underpants"

Now we're getting somewhere. However, a skidmark is at least a sign of trying - Hound 'im out i say! Hound 'im out!!!

Can't argue with what he's saying, he simply wants to play regular football, unlike Stuart Taylor who has stolen a living as a footballer sat on benches for the last 15 years or so. I'd like to keep him as our number 2, he's certainly more than good enough to fill the role, and doesn't look out of place when called upon, albeit in cup competitions rather than the league, but we simply can't offer him regular games so, if that's what he really wants, I think we should sell him and let him leave with our blessing. Obviously this will probably mean we need to look for another backup keeper, I don't want to have Wright as number 2 as I don't think he's good enough to play for a prolongued period of time should Hart pick up an injury.

Got to play Pantilimon.

If he was told from the beginning he will play in the cup, then it should be honored regardless of what his plans are for next season.

If he is dropped, because he wants to leave in a World Cup year, then I think we would struggle to attract a suitable number 2 for next season due to trust issues

I understand his position, and can't blame him. Fact is we have been blessed with very good keepers over the last few years and because of the unique nature of the position you can only ever support one superb goalie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.