Could Pedro Porro be a long-term replacement for Walker?

I'm not totally dismissive in bring back Porro (we could do with cover for Walker) but the Angelino experience makes me think twice about doing such a move.

I'm not totally dismissive in bring back Porro (we could do with cover for Walker) but the Angelino experience makes me think twice about doing such a move.
And the player may feel the same, the Angelino experience did the club no favours in the way we treated him.

You can't do that in the same window for certain, I'm not sure we would anyway.
You definitely can made it was done to us with caicedo levante active his clause for 600k or something low and sold him to cska the next day. Think you can only make an appearance for 2 clubs in a season though.

Achraf Hakimi from PSG is definitely worth a look. Although Kyle is a superior player at the moment, this kid has tonnes of potential.

He is contracted to PSG until 2026, so you are right, it would be difficult.

Plus he earns over €1m per week at PSG, so i don't think he would fit into our pay structure.

Last edited:
One thing I've learned from Pep's fullbacks is that it's probably, along with the CDM/6, the most awkward position for Txiki to identify new players for. Their skillset needs to be so specific and good.

I learnt it after Angelino, I thought he'd smash it in this team but being good going forward isn't enough and you need to be able to hold your own defensively, specifically 1v1. Cancelo and Walker can do both to such a high level, I'm not actually sure who else is out there that can that's obtainable.

The immediate ones I think of are Reece James and Trent (very, very questionable defensively but too good going forward to leave him out).

It'll be interesting either way. I'm dreading the day Walker goes.
To be fair cancelo is no better defensively then Trent. Actually I would go and say he is worse.

Achraf Hakimi from PSG is definitely worth a look. Although Kyle is a superior player at the moment, this kid has tonnes of potential.

No love lost between our owners and their owners, so I can’t ever see much business taking place between the two clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.