Could you join the armed forces?

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Blue Tangerine? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for People, and you curse the Forces, You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That People's, death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Edit. Always wanted to put that quote on somewhere

A great post, loved it, almost hear Rule Britannia in the back ground.
My son is a Para,been all over the place and they chuck him out of planes.

A great post, loved it, almost hear Rule Britannia in the back ground.
My son is a Para,been all over the place and they chuck him out of planes.

(Whispers you do know its a quote from a film don't you )

Doffs cap to your son and wishes him well.

I was in the Navy, been all over the place and they chucked me out of pubs

I've just checked and the answers no. Too old unfortunately.
Nothing but respect for those who do join up though.

I've just left the Army after just over 5 years service and one tour of Afghanistan.Thoroughly enjoyed my time, there is a lot of bullshit that goes with it but it's all part of the game. Arse kissing is unfortunately a must if you are a "lifer" as it helps your progress. But if you just want an adventure for 4 years(min service) and earn a decent wage with little outgoings then it's ideal.

It's changed me as a person for the good and made me more determined in some aspects.

I'd definitely recommended it for someone who is bored with life, stuck in a rut and looking for a bit of an adventure.

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Blue Tangerine? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for People, and you curse the Forces, You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That People's, death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Edit. Always wanted to put that quote on somewhere

Top film that was

Just watched American Sniper... didn't know the story and didn't know how it would end...

Lots of damaged people out there so we need to look after the troops when they come home

Top film that was
ou5b2v.jpg

Never.. but I would "fight" in certain circumstances. Fuckers who dream of being in the army are lunatics. The volunteers (if money wasn't a factor) are fucking nuts.
I have been a forces wife and can tell you most joined up to get away from home and have a jolly around the world with their mates and shag a lot of girls and get drunk.Learning a trade and getting steady money as well
The Falklands happened and they were really shocked hence so many suicides after as well as relationship breakdown's,a lot more drunk themselves to death,that tells you they didn't join up as they wanted to fight and kill people
Those who joined up after 9/11 did so to fight the enemy,they were not lunatics
I can normally ignore your ranting but this has really got on my nerves,you have posted utter crap in this thread

I have been a forces wife and can tell you most joined up to get away from home and have a jolly around the world with their mates and shag a lot of girls and get drunk.Learning a trade and getting steady money as well
The Falklands happened and they were really shocked hence so many suicides after as well as relationship breakdown's,a lot more drunk themselves to death,that tells you they didn't join up as they wanted to fight and kill people
Those who joined up after 9/11 did so to fight the enemy,they were not lunatics
I can normally ignore your ranting but this has really got on my nerves,you have posted utter crap in this thread
giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.