Could you join the armed forces?

I may well be wrong mate, that's what she was told, i do know they have to go on the front line though!
Nurses don't. It may well be that she was being briefed on being a Combat Medic, and they absolutely do go on the front line (not like the I can try, but they do get their hands dirty).

Twas ever thus though. I'm sure that when you joined up you heard the knackered old shits going on about how eveything was going downhill and how the best people were leaving. I know I did. It was when I figured out that I'd become one of those knackered old shits who was moaning about it not being as good as it used to be that I thought I'd best get out :)

Definitely rings true, mate. :)

Blue Tangerine, you really do come across, on all your posts across a wide range of topics, as a really obnoxious prick. What is it?? Do you want people to feel sorry for you? Are we all supposed to feel inferior, intellectually & morally, to you because you continually take the 'moral' high hround about anything & everything you feel the need to comment on?
Think you need to get laid ( but best double up on condoms, wouldn't want to inflict unnecessary pain on any offspring / sperm/ ) would you??

Blimey that's some comment.

I can answer all that shit in a single sentence. I hate us (humans) I hate war/guns/bombs/our psychology.. I have never said 'I am better' - I am part of the joke I live. I don't handle it well.. probably best to ignore me.

Engineers are useful/productive.. i don't care for the money to be made, but I can easily argue those who sign up, who want to "go to war/defend the country/shoot people are fucking morons in the extreme.. that's what I am getting at. The psychopaths that "want" to join the army in hope of conflict... but even those who are intelligent enough to assume they can piss about and earn real money are weird. WEIRD.

I don't get it, sorry.
In my 25 years service I genuinely never met anyone who enlisted hoping to kill someone.

Yeah, but they are a really strange bunch :-)
That's so true...

Hmmm, now did you not post an old photo of you 'back in the day' so to speak some time ago? I think that needs to be reposted asap so that a fair and balanced analysis can be made to substantiate your claims.

And hurry up, before Damn-of-Cheese bans me again for being off topic, in off topic ;)

It really is a simplistic view that, mate.

No one is issued a gun a told to lay waste to the enemy.

The folk you describe above will be weeded out.

This isn't Full Metal Jacket with Gunnery Sgt. Hartman in charge.

We live by a set of rules and those that don't and cannot will not be allowed to serve.

Yes there are a few that will sneak through, and I have seen them, but no one actively recruits "psychopaths"!

Your local AFCO will be proof of this as the have a code of practice to work by.

That's fair enough mate.. I simply do not 'get it' .. Armed forces.. it isn't something I can 'get'

As I said I understand it has to exist.. I simply do not 'get' the psychology.

Change the question posed by the OP to "Could you join the armed forces in a WW1 situation? "
[ In particular post 1915 when the first flush of recruits had gone expecting a quick victory but failing this it then became obvious if you went you probably weren't coming back.]

BT, you just do not agree with society to the point you find it awkward, nowt wrong in that mate. Just fake it like us boss :-D

Not read any other posts besides the one above and have no desire to engage in it really. Just to say cheer up chaps eh :-)

Me, i would be like an entire sas squad in one finely tuned jd drinking machine. send me in and i drink their secret stashes of western booze.
Watch it all fall down due to my brilliance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.