Could you join the armed forces?

Good job you can't see the reflection clearly! The difference is depressing :-D

When I die I want my headstone to read 'At least he still had a full head of hair'
The thought of all you baldies muttering "****" under your breath will keep me warm in my grave.

Ok ok i was out of order with that...a gypsy then, i know how you love their ethics and lifestyle that in no way imposes on you :-D

Oh I love the local pikey population. They've made drinking in town so colourful.

If this was 1940 I would join in a heartbeat. However our country is not under direct threat of invasion and wont be for the foreseeable future. Got respect for those that join of course, I'm told its a rewarding career.

I was in the Royal Navy for 8 years trained as a chef and got qualifications ,been to some countries could only have dreamed of going then worked as a chef in the Health Service for 30 years got a pension now from the Health Service .so joing the forces helped me get a job when I left and set me up for life now with my pension .my Nephew has joined the army .he is staying in for three years years but training to be a truck and crane mechanic so it will set him up when he leaves

There are people on this Forum who would make marvellous addition to our Armed Forces.

With a little bit of education, whilst simultaneously tapping-in to and then channelling their anger - their creative solutions would have the "ISIS issue" resolved in no time.

Did 12 years in the RAF and that discipline etc got me into the fire service, I met and still talk to some great people and I left nearly 16 years ago!!! Had 7 great years in Germany but I was glad I left when I did, as others have said the good people start to leave and it seemed that way t me at the time, I'm glad I missed out in Iraq and Afghan, although I think one tour would have been an experience, the 13 years of conflict would have been multiple tours and anyone who has served in the British forces knows they don't get looked after like the yanks do, I've heard the stories of the shit they were given to use. That my main point if the government looked after the forces like the Americans do I'd encourage anyone to join for a long future otherwise I'd say join up get a trade get some great training and get the hell out.

I did 6 years in the Royal Marines and left 10 years ago for all the wrong reasons. Regretted it ever since. If I wasn't 12 months too old I'd re-join in a heartbeat. Been looking at ways back in recently and what has happened in Paris has made me all the more determined to serve again.

I was drinking in the officers mess at an RAF airfield a few months ago and the drinks were incredibly cheap - 1980s prices.

My liver couldn't cope with that for long.

Engineers are useful/productive.. i don't care for the money to be made, but I can easily argue those who sign up, who want to "go to war/defend the country/shoot people are fucking morons in the extreme.. that's what I am getting at. The psychopaths that "want" to join the army in hope of conflict... but even those who are intelligent enough to assume they can piss about and earn real money are weird. WEIRD.

I don't get it, sorry.

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Blue Tangerine? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for People, and you curse the Forces, You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That People's, death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Edit. Always wanted to put that quote on somewhere

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.