Courtney Meppen Walter

johnmc said:
Well it is quite clear from the facts someone was going well over the speed limit.

The only facts that are clear is there has been a terrible accident and two people have lost there lives.

If the Mercedes and i say if was going at 30mph and went head on with a Micra at the same speed the overall impact speed is 60mph. This would have devastating consequences. Add the size of a Mercedes with the size of a Micra with 4 adult sizes humans in it the consequences are even worse. Everything though is all if buts and may be's at the moment

black mamba said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
black mamba said:
Certainly isn't right to chastise people before all the facts are known , but two cars being driven by an 18 year old , and a 19 year old , are said to have been involved at the scene of a serious car crash doesn't look good .......

Police are also appealing to anyone who may have seen these two cars moments earlier on Trinity Way , would appear to suggest that this is beginning to look a bit like a 'boy racer' case that sadly went wrong.
This is an utterly stupid post. We have no idea what the circumstances were. A someone has said, charging someone is the standard procedure in cases like this. The Police will want to do a full investigation and asking for witnesses does not imply wrongdoing.

As it happens, I know that road very well and was on it at the time this happened, although about 2 miles away, not at the scene. It's very narrow, particularly on the side going out of Manchester and cars often park badly on that side. The other driver would have been turning right out of a side road and could have been at fault himself or could ave been an entirely innocent victim.

But we don't know so please avoid unhelpful speculation.

Hang about ...

you tell us that you have no idea what the circumstances were , on one hand , and then on the other hand inform us that a car was turning tight out of a sidestreet ??

Familys Nissan Micra 'catapaulted' 50 yards down the street ....

<a class="postlink" href="http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1587804_police-probe-whether-manchester-citys-courtney-meppen-walter-was-racing-his-pal-at-time-of-death-crash?rss=yes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... sh?rss=yes</a>

It's just so sad. My thoughts are with the family. The police will get to the bottom of this and hopefully there will be CCTV to aid them in the investigation

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
flipmode said:
Had the pleasure of meeting and conversing with CMW a few times. A nice, well grounded, intelligent sounding, young man.

I am genuinely devastated for him, the other unnamed individual and the family who have suffered such a tragic loss.

So if you hadn't have met him, what would your opinion have been?
Yet you are devastated for him?
The courts will decide who did what and how.
In the mean time, 2 people are dead. Their family is who people should be ''devastated'' for.

My opinion would be exactly the same irrespective of whether I had met him or not.
Read my post, I mentioned that I am devastated for everyone involved, not just CMW.
What a wonderfully apt username.

mancitymick said:
johnmc said:
Well it is quite clear from the facts someone was going well over the speed limit.

The only facts that are clear is there has been a terrible accident and two people have lost there lives.

If the Mercedes and i say if was going at 30mph and went head on with a Micra at the same speed the overall impact speed is 60mph. This would have devastating consequences. Add the size of a Mercedes with the size of a Micra with 4 adult sizes humans in it the consequences are even worse. Everything though is all if buts and may be's at the moment

As the micra was coming out of a side street I was thinking it must have been hit from the side. However as it was coming out of a side street onto the main road it is unlikely to be doing 30.

Prestwich_Blue said:
johnmc said:
Again that's speculation. The police are investigating so I'm sure they'd welcome your input.

Oh my word do cut the bull. The micra got sent 50 bloody yards! That's from a goal line to the half way line!! Whoever was behind the wheel of that merc was doing some stupid speed end of. I would be gobsmacked if it wasn't cmw driving and will apologise if it isn't.

Some people seem to think cause he's a city player we have to defend him? Well no football is some fucking game that means nothing compared to losing a life.

Stillsy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
johnmc said:
Again that's speculation. The police are investigating so I'm sure they'd welcome your input.

Oh my word do cut the bull. The micra got sent 50 bloody yards! That's from a goal line to the half way line!! Whoever was behind the wheel of that merc was doing some stupid speed end of. I would be gobsmacked if it wasn't cmw driving and will apologise if it isn't.

Some people seem to think cause he's a city player we have to defend him? Well no football is some fucking game that means nothing compared to losing a life.
If this had been a United youngster the jury on here would have already made their verdict.
My heart goes out to the family of the victims.

Hollywood Blue said:
Stillsy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

If this had been a United youngster the jury on here would have already made their verdict.
My heart goes out to the family of the victims.
It doesn't matter who he plays for,he had a car accident 2 people died,very sad

Stillsy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
johnmc said:

Again, another poster whose insightful input should be useful to the official investigation. Perhaps you'd like to share your scientifically based calculations with us?

Seriously - let's make it clear here that no one's defending him. We're trying to ensure we don't get cited for contempt or otherwise prejudice any criminal proceedings.

But let's imagine a scenario where a car pulls out of a side road without due care and attention and is hit by another car on the main road that he hasn't seen. Even if that oncoming car hit the brakes at the moment of impact, the other car would still be thrown forward with considerable force. You've only got witnesses reports in the not altogether reliable MEN that the car was thrown forward 50 yards. It might have been 20, 25 or 30.

The point is that the police will investigate and make a decision on whether to prosecute or not. If he is charged and found guilty then he will face the consequences but until that point please do not indulge in unfounded speculation. The only facts are that two people are dead, two are injured and another two may be facing serious criminal charges.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.