Courtney Meppen Walter

Hollywood Blue said:
Stillsy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Again that's speculation. The police are investigating so I'm sure they'd welcome your input.

Oh my word do cut the bull. The micra got sent 50 bloody yards! That's from a goal line to the half way line!! Whoever was behind the wheel of that merc was doing some stupid speed end of. I would be gobsmacked if it wasn't cmw driving and will apologise if it isn't.

Some people seem to think cause he's a city player we have to defend him? Well no football is some fucking game that means nothing compared to losing a life.
If this had been a United youngster the jury on here would have already made their verdict.
My heart goes out to the family of the victims.

This. It is sad when we as supporters can football allegiences in front of human life.

Noone unless they witnessed the accident can prove anything on here.

All I am reasonably certain of is that if it was a United player, those defending on here would have a, lets say, slightly different viewpoint

Thoughts go to the victims and their family.

Condolences to the family and friends of the victims.

There is a lot of emotion involved with such a tragedy.

Let's not judge based on emotions, especially when the sources of information are questionable.

Hope the 2 lads recover without complications.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-19475131

Police are investigating whether a Manchester City footballer was racing another driver before a crash that killed two people.

Kulwant Singh, 32, of Salford, and his sister Ravel-Kaur Singh, 37, of Cheetham Hill, Manchester, died and Ms Singh's two sons were injured.

Their Nissan Micra was involved in a crash with a Mercedes on Bury New Road.

Courtney Meppen-Walter, 18, and another driver were arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.

Meppen-Walter, who was driving the Mercedes, and a 19-year-old man who was driving a Volkswagen Golf, have now been released on police bail.

Greater Manchester Police confirmed the inquiry into whether they were racing is one of several lines of investigation.

'Wonderful guy'
The Singh family had been at the Gurdwara Sri Guru HarKrishan Sahib temple on Sherborne Street.

Speaking outside the temple, Joginder Singh said: "He was a nice guy and when I heard about this accident I felt very sad. He was a wonderful guy."

Ms Singh's sons were passengers in the back of the Micra.

The 16-year-old boy has a head injury which is not believed to be life-threatening.

The 17-year-old boy also sustained a serious head injury and he remains in a critical condition. Both remain in Salford Royal Hospital.

Meppen-Walter joined City in July 2010 and has yet to play for the Premier League champions.

The youth team player has been a regular in the England under-17 side.

rickmcfc said:
Why should the thread be locked? People want to discuss what's happened, and as we live I society with free speech, who the hell gives people the right to say it should be pulled?

Free speech is a great thing when people are mature enough to understand the concept..

The fact thread one got pulled and this ones had post deleted suggests some are not.

The free speech movement wasnt to enable idiots to be abusive.. so thats why people want it pulled.

rickmcfc said:
Why should the thread be locked? People want to discuss what's happened, and as we live I society with free speech, who the hell gives people the right to say it should be pulled?

United Kingdom citizens have a negative right to freedom of expression under the common law. In 1998, the United Kingdom incorporated the European Convention, and the guarantee of freedom of expression it contains in Article 10, into its domestic law under the Human Rights Act. However there is a broad sweep of exceptions including threatening, abusive, or insulting speech or behavior likely to cause a breach of the peace (which has been used to prohibit racist speech targeted at individuals), incitement, incitement to racial hatred, incitement to religious hatred, incitement to terrorism including encouragement of terrorism and dissemination of terrorist publications, glorifying terrorism, collection or possession of information likely to be of use to a terrorist, treason including imagining the death of the monarch, sedition, obscenity, indecency including corruption of public morals and outraging public decency, defamation, prior restraint, restrictions on court reporting including names of victims and evidence and prejudicing or interfering with court proceedings, prohibition of post-trial interviews with jurors, scandalizing the court by criticising or murmuring judges, time, manner, and place restrictions, harassment, privileged communications, trade secrets, classified material, copyright, patents, military conduct, and limitations on commercial speech such as advertising.

But apart from that lot, indeed there is a right to free speech in the UK. Just that the bold items show the exceptions that are being discussed on this thread...

Hamann Pineapple said:
Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC

SUBS: Meppen-Walters, O'Brien, Swan, Glendon, Hutton, Henshall, Cole. City in search of a first @NextGenSeries win. Goal updates to follow.
Yes. His name was announced over the P.A. as in the team of 18 last night against Fenerbache.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.