Courtney Meppen Walter

MissingCityInMelbourne said:
rickmcfc said:
I didn't say every 18 year old drives like a dick. You do however, become a better driver with more years of experience generally speaking. You will find the reason for the high insurance is due to the amount of accidents young drivers have (especially males).

I agree, but not every young male drives like an idiot. After all, this may not be his fault.

The majority do.

No the "majority" dont. Some do and a higher proportion of young males will drive like dicks compared to other age groups of motorist's, but not the "majority".

I grew up with him and was his strike partner when city took him on. Absolutely gutted for the Courtney, hope he's innocent in all of this, two sides to every story, its tragic what happened. Only seen his mum and that the other day.

rickmcfc said:
rickmcfc said:
I agree, but not every young male drives like an idiot. After all, this may not be his fault.

The majority do.

No the "majority" dont. Some do and a higher proportion of young males will drive like dicks compared to other age groups of motorist's, but not the "majority".
I beg to differ.

The reality of it is simple.

If he's innocent then it's a tragic accident.

If guilty then it's a lethal crime.

No finger pointing here, but nevertheless there's a stark message coming across about people's feelings on young lads driving high-powered cars.

rickmcfc said:
The majority do.

I beg to differ.

So when you say the majority, what are we talking about? 75%, 80%, 95%???

Younger drivers are more likely to be involved in accidents for a variety of reason. Driving stupid is only a very small proportion of those reasons.

Ducado said:
It's was moved because it got out of hand, remember there could be legal implication for the site in what you post

Can we have a sensible discussion please

This.

But also the slighly red lidded beady eyes of the media frequently find their news stories here and whatever the facts of the incident, the results have been tragic for all concerned...

rickmcfc said:
rickmcfc said:
I beg to differ.

Younger drivers are more likely to be involved in accidents for a variety of reason. Driving stupid is only a very small proportion of those reasons.
What are those other reasons ?

rickmcfc said:
I beg to differ.

What are those other reasons ?

Answer the question. You stated that the "majority" of young drivers drive like idiots. So what percentage do you put on that?

I'm 18. I'd say over 50% of my peers drive recklessly, therefore the majority.

No finger pointing here, just a discussion as to whether young players are paid too much/do young males drive more irresponsibly than older people.

I understand that this a sensitive issue for the mods but I don't believe that anybody has said anything out of turn.

And of course, thoughts are with the family of the deceased.

Can I interject here, there appears to be a sub topic evolving here, if you want to discuss the pros and cons of young male drivers can you make a topic in "The Cellar"

This is the main forum for subjects to do with the Club and the Team etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.