COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine your family member not getting a ventilator because of those people needing one and not taking precautions?
I normally call for a beer about 3 or 4 times a week.
I really fancied one tonight.
But thought it would be stupid to go.
I'm having a beer at home now.
With the missile.
Which I never do.

Fuck me I've only had one and feel like putting my head in the log burner.
I forgot how much shite she talks .

It beggars belief. Is it harsh for me to say anyone nipping down the pub following yesterday’s request from the PM is a selfish twat?

Even my 80 year old dad has come to his senses and is knocking his Sunday evening drinking ritual on the head for the time being. I really wish he hadn’t gone out on Sunday because he has COPD and asbestosis (making him very high risk if he gets it) but at least he listened to our advice eventually and told his mates that was it for at least 4 weeks. Now he knows that 4 weeks may turn into 3 months and is ready to self isolate. I still expect him to nip out for a morning paper, etc, as there’s no way I’d expect him to stay in for 12 weeks but if he limits his contact with other people then he’s reducing his risk of getting it. It’s not just the pub of course - he could catch it while travelling to and from the pub on the bus. Of course, he could get it by simply punching his PIN number into the cash point so you can’t cover all bases but I feel the pub is one of the biggest breeding grounds for it.
That and religious ceremonies. I read that some SE Asian's entire caseload have largely been put down to religious ceremonies. Christian, or Moslem.

My Dad is in his 80's. My Mum in her 70s. My Mum is blind in one eye, and is on oxygen. I usually visit them at the weekend. I am isolating of course like everyone else but for the first time in ages I don't think I can visit them at the weekend. My brother and his wife have had a little boy at the weekend but we have yet to see them because of the virus. At least there will be that joy to come.

It beggars belief. Is it harsh for me to say anyone nipping down the pub following yesterday’s request from the PM is a selfish twat?

Even my 80 year old dad has come to his senses and is knocking his Sunday evening drinking ritual on the head for the time being. I really wish he hadn’t gone out on Sunday because he has COPD and asbestosis (making him very high risk if he gets it) but at least he listened to our advice eventually and told his mates that was it for at least 4 weeks. Now he knows that 4 weeks may turn into 3 months and is ready to self isolate. I still expect him to nip out for a morning paper, etc, as there’s no way I’d expect him to stay in for 12 weeks but if he limits his contact with other people then he’s reducing his risk of getting it. It’s not just the pub of course - he could catch it while travelling to and from the pub on the bus. Of course, he could get it by simply punching his PIN number into the cash point so you can’t cover all bases but I feel the pub is one of the biggest breeding grounds for it.

I have just nipped up to Tesco in Failsworth. People in the Mare & Foal, Millgate and the Windmill.

Now I blame the government for this, they should have forced the pubs to shut. The locals in Failsworth and Newton Heath are the not smartest amongst us and they will keep on going out until one of their family members dies.

Advising people not to go the pub but then not forcing them to shut is absolutely unbelievable.

Can you imagine your family member not getting a ventilator because of those people needing one and not taking precautions?

Yes, I used to pop in 2-3 times a week on the way home and thought they were mostly decent people.
My opinion has changed they're just fucking morons!
I'll sit here with a can of draught Guinness, not the same I know but it won't be forever!

I normally call for a beer about 3 or 4 times a week.
I really fancied one tonight.
But thought it would be stupid to go.
I'm having a beer at home now.
With the missile.
Which I never do.

Fuck me I've only had one and feel like putting my head in the log burner.
I forgot how much shite she talks .

Missile! Haha

Sounds like a scene from the Royle family

Spoke to 3 lads today at work asked them what they thought about self isolating all would come into work

Gotta make ends meat
I don’t have any health issues
The boss would give me shit

Quick question then mate.

I decided to meet my business partner for a couple of beers this afternoon, we chose a quiet place with barely anyone in, washed our hands on entering etc, and then sat a couple of metres apart whilst we drank and talked shop.

My argument/reasoning, is that I have a missus and daughter both still at a school, a son at Uni who is coming home due to the closure on Thursday, so what’s the fucking point of me trying my best to self isolate if I’ve got a far larger chance of infection walking through the door due to the other 3 members of my family being far more exposed.

Once school is shut and family all home then damned right I’ll stay at home and do my best to isolate my family.

Thoughts?

from the BBC regarding Italy.

Italy death toll jumps, but rate of infections slows

The latest figures from Italy, Europe's worst-hit country, report a further 345 deaths in the past 24 hours. It's an increase of 16%.
The virus has now killed 2,503 people there - 2,060 people are in intensive care, from among a total of 31,506 cases, up from 27,980. However, this was the slowest rate of increase since Italy identified the presence of the virus.

Once the isolation measures come into force it will turn around. It has to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.