COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
16:05

'Critical incident' at UK hospital

A London hospital has confirmed a "critical incident" due to a surge in COVID-19 cases.

Northwick Park hospital in Harrow said its critical care unit has hit capacity due to the number of cases.

The northwest hospital has contacted neighbouring facilities to ask for help dealing with patients.

Ah right i just saw the headline on the news,they still have to have their licences given back ,i think that is where the use of retirees come from,they have "retired" from the NHS and havegiven up their licence
Yes, I can see why the headline could be misinterpreted. The good news, as I say, is that there are plenty who are not in the at-risk group.

Of course it remains to be seen how many can be mobilised and there may be some red tape issues to overcome. Still, it’s a very positive move.

Yes, I can see why the headline could be misinterpreted. The good news, as I say, is that there are plenty who are not in the at-risk group.

Of course it remains to be seen how many can be mobilised and there may be some red tape issues to overcome. Still, it’s a very positive move.
I expect a very high number will do it,the capacity for empathy doesn't go away for most people

Tesco failsworth were holding group interviews today. You just had to turn up with proof you had right to work in the uk and something with your NI on it
Careers Website was down

I expect a very high number will do it,the capacity for empathy doesn't go away for most people
You could well be right, Karen. Almost by definition, there’s empathy and a strong sense of duty among nurses and doctors. I expect some of those who respond positively will do it despite it being an unwelcome intrusion.

The number of coronavirus cases in Germany and Spain have risen by nearly 3,000 in each country overnight.

Spain's health emergencies chief Fernando Simon has said the number of dead there has increased from 767 to 1,002.

There are 19,980 cases in Spain, up from 17,147 on Thursday.

The number of cases in Germany rose by nearly 3000 to 13,957 overnight, a government agency in the country has confirmed.

There were also 11 more deaths from COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, bringing the total in Germany to 31

Belgium recorded 16 new deaths linked to the coronavirus on Thursday, the biggest daily rise in the country so far

Belgium recorded 462 new coronavirus cases on Thursday, bringing the total number of infected to 2,257

France is seeing an almost 40% increase in cases and deaths each day.

Around 11,000 people are officially infected and 372 have died so far, forcing the government to introduce confinement measures for its 67 million people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.