COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
During Thursday's press conference, Mr Johnson said the UK "can turn the tide" against coronavirus in the next 12 weeks - but subsequently admitted the government "don't know how long" the crisis will last for.

He also revealed the government is in talks to buy "hundreds of thousands" of tests to reveal if people are immune
You're only 24 hours behind!

Even now, even now, when other left wingers are praising, you cannot.

What is wrong with you?
There are still a lot of questions to be asked of the government, especially when the big numbers start coming in in a few weeks.

The monetary side of things they’ve dealt with very well so far and I’d much prefer Sunak as pm than Boris through this crisis. But bumbling around will have cost lives and that won’t be forgotten because he’s thrown money at it.

Professional opinion. Yes, very much. The City will love this.
Absolutely agreed. This needs to be a 12 to 18 month "blip". Hideously high government debt figures will need to be reassessed against recalibrated targets, and will be seen to be more normal, more acceptable.

And the possibility for strong growth in the backend of 2021 is simply enormous. Businesses all around the country are figuring out how do they re-engineer their supply chains to be more resilient, more flexible, more dynamic. This will be a huge growth stimulus to the economy. We can be positive about 2021 and beyond, albeit desperately sad for the very unfortunate people who have lots loved ones.

WHO guy on bbc warning younger generation not to be flippant about this virus . It can put you in hospital for weeks or even kill you

A chancellor isn’t given free reign to make these decisions. This is a Governmental effort and we should all just applaud. If someone had suggested this on NYE, from this party, not a fucker would have believed them.
Don’t be silly
Karen is never wrong. Johnson hasn’t a clue and fortunately he’s been lucky that a new chancellor was appointed in place of that other tosser that Johnson appointed.

Anyone else think prohibition style speakeasys will spring up all over the Country?
Anybody setting up or attending an illegal bar deserves the full weight of the law that comes their way. We are currently at the the spreading stage so if dickheads feel they can’t go a couple of months without the pub and want to risk more infection they’re fools.

My Mrs is an accountant and uttered something about no VAT and tax for a while.

Not sure if that’s true though.

I think self-assessed tax due in August was postponed to 2021. Not sure about VAT as it isn't relevant to me so I wasn't really paying full attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.