COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't work for Churchill but this could be different.

Perhaps. After the war people wanted something different and something for themselves and if the Govt starts dishing out wages how far does that nudge us down the road towards a universal basic income? Or if can we house the homeless now why not normally or retool the NHS so that it has some slack for emergencies rather than running it at capacity so that it’s ‘cost efficient’?

It’s not who is doing this but what they are doing and how that impacts on society’s thinking.

I'd say there are serial pisstakers across the board and I suspect the majority of the 20 odd absentees at our place are taking advantage of the favourable conditions we wish to maintain. Following our boss addressing his flock yesterday one of first questions was about sick pay during self isolation and the questioner suddenly went home 'unwell' shortly after. Probably went straight to ASDA barging OAP's out of the way in the bog roll scramble.....the ****.
Meanwhile there's at least half a dozen of us who fall into the vulnerable category who keep turning up trying to work out what 'strongly' advised to minimise social contact entails.
Same in every job mate unfortunately but we all know they are twats and will continue to be known that way as well.

I am just about to prepare a risotto with peas and asparagus accompanied by crispy home baked bread and a chilled bottle of Viognier.

I’m on about the nurses who signed up to work to a certain age to then be told they have to work longer pay more and get less, so took the hit because they knew they just couldn’t do that, physically and mentally
You said Doctors and nurses.
Fair enough they fucked with your pension, and you won the court case, but they didn’t fuck everyone else’s.
In fact your court case has fucked over the public sector workers I represent and has created a ton of unnecessary work to sort it out, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.