COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoplifting must be rife, no way you can monitor X10 of the shoppers that usually go in. By the way anyone want to buy 12, jars of Nescafé half price:)

I do have nothing but praise for yesterday, it isn’t being agile and judging things on their part. They’ve fucked up, it was clear last week places should have shut and possible lock downs. Instead the big message last Friday was wash your hands and old people don’t go on fucking cruises. They’ve lost the head start we had by fucking around and thinking to be different and everyone else was wrong. You are able to criticise them when it’s due and it is due by their whole approach to this. It’s then ok to big them up when it’s due like yesterday.

I just don’t think the change of strategy has actually changed that much to call it a ‘fuck up’ or ‘u turn’.

We knew further measures were never that far away and a week is a long time here.

We also knew a lockdown will eventually come but it has to be timed right and we’re gradually getting there.

Two full incomes and the opportunity to look after the child you brought into the world.
Could be worse, H.

that’s the problem though. If one of us have to give up work to look after our daughter then we lose an income, which we rely on. Also it means the essential worker doesn’t get to do the job they need to do potentially.

I’m not saying that’s how it would work but the household has had to self isolate this week. As my daughter started with a dry cough on Tuesday. My wife has tried to work from home along with me and it’s been a real struggle with a 5 year old.

we might decide that it’s more important that my wife continues to work but that would be financial suicide for us.

I have borderline high blood pressure, seriously considering binning off medicine and monitoring it while this goes on.
I'm on low dose ACEs for moderate BP. I survived the illness. My BP shot up to 190/77 while ill though so stopping taking them may not be a good idea if you have hypertension.
There is an alternate medicine group ARBs, but they dont completely cover you from hypertension illnesses like ACEs.
Talk to your doctor.

Images from Chine Nouvelle/SIPA/REX/Shutterstock of medics flying around the world.

The first is from Wuhan international airport which I liked because this is of course where the infection started and it shows that it does pass.
4000.jpg

5208.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.