COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you 85 and living alone, 200 miles from your relatives?
You can go to your local shop and post them to her.

Ask for her next door neighbours phone number and speak to them. If she doesn’t know it, ask her to post a note through her neighbours door with your phone number and a little message on it.

The postal service is still operating and so are the phone lines.

Says the person who clearly has never tried to work and look after a 5 year old! :-)
oh Ok ,i was just trying to help you,do what you want.
from what i have been told,my sister works in schools,if any kids does have to attend because of their parent/parents working,it wont be a proper class with learning,more like a kids/social club

It’s a theory that they thought of as there isn’t going to be a vaccine this year, it’s one theory of several and they’ve decided to change course as it’s become more apparent the NHS won’t cope.

The lockdown method is still only a theory and isn’t having flourishing results in Italy but I do think protecting the NHS is paramount now and London will be Lombardy soon enough.

I do think it’s good the government are being agile, if they were pressing ahead with a theory that wasn’t backed up by evidence elsewhere, I’d be a lot more worried. The fact they are willing to alter course is only good.

They’re also trying to do this whilst ensuring we have an economy to come back to, because as happened in 2008, people literally die when there’s such an economic crash.

I do have nothing but praise for yesterday, it isn’t being agile and judging things on their part. They’ve fucked up, it was clear last week places should have shut and possible lock downs. Instead the big message last Friday was wash your hands and old people don’t go on fucking cruises. They’ve lost the head start we had by fucking around and thinking to be different and everyone else was wrong. You are able to criticise them when it’s due and it is due by their whole approach to this. It’s then ok to big them up when it’s due like yesterday.

Thanks for this informative post.

@BlueAnorak mentioned blood pressure a few times when they described their own experience with Covid-19 further back in this thread.

I did post a message with an alert asking if this was because they have high blood pressure.

Hopefully, they will notice the alert and let us know.

It's only one person but if they got through it while taking an ACE inhibitor, it would still provide a bit of reassurance for others who take this medication.
I have borderline high blood pressure, seriously considering binning off medicine and monitoring it while this goes on.

In which case toilet roll must be hell for you. Water is by far the best thing for people with IBS to clean their arse with otherwise your arse crack must take a right roughing up at times.

tenor.png

I’m like you, mate, as you know. Pubs etc have been central to my life for the last 30 years, but I’ve been staying away from busy places for about a month, and keeping my distance - and entirely for about a week. Less restrictive than many folk, I know, but quite a big deal for me!

I will add that I feel like a bit of a twat after that rant last night. We’ve just found out that her parents did stay in after all - they were in bed when the granddaughter called round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.