COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweden's Prime Minister gave a speech to the nation yestrday. I thought we were going into lockdown but we didn't. He did quite well, anyway:

"There are a few, decisive moments in life, A time when you are asked to sarifice, not for just for your own future, but also to take responsibility for your community, for your fellow man, and for our country.

That time is now.

That day has arrived."

Quite Shakesperian if not Churchillian. Let's see how Boris measures up to the Swedish welder who left school at 16.

Nice words but what is he actually proposing?

If this is still going in may/june time then there is no way people will stay at hom,i predict busy seaside towns at least if there is no lockdown
I'm not too sure about that.

By then most families will have lost someone either a family member or someone close that they know.

I'd hope that even in the thickest social group somebody will say something.

If I wasnt to go to work tomorrow as I dont think we should be in work.
Building a house isn't vital at all.
Would my boss be able to claim the 80% for wages or do we have to wait till lockdown

I think the opposite tbh and think its more likely to be person to person contact. If there was a lot getting it through touching doors or surfaces as well as just from other people, then there'd be far higher numbers than there are so far, the infection rate would be absolutely huge.

I totally agree, the number 1 mode of transmission is person to person without doubt but look at the science behind the durability of cobid19 on surfaces which is far more resilient than the flu and sars1. The point I was making that the level of infections has accelerated because of the additional times that it will have also have been picked up from plastic surfaces.

imagine just one person who used a cashpoint after coughing/sneezing into their hands that was infected with covid- imagine how many people would have then used the same cashpoint and also pressed the enter button which is universally used and then went on to use their index finger to scratch an itch on their nose or rub their eye for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.