COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
But then some of those who died yesterday, will have their death reported. As @BlueAnorak stated, there are issues with reporting the data in a timely fashion. I have given up using daily reported deaths as a good indicator for understanding the 'curve'.

Anyone know if positive test data is up to date?
Thats correct. The daily test will be a lot closer as tests only take 24 hours and I assume always take 24 hours so while there will be a slight lag there won’t be some from days or weeks ago other other sources to add in. The most accurate will be hospital admissions and ICU numbers, and these are what the government will make decisions on.

But then some of those who died yesterday, will have their death reported. As @BlueAnorak stated, there are issues with reporting the data in a timely fashion. I have given up using daily reported deaths as a good indicator for understanding the 'curve'.

Anyone know if positive test data is up to date?
The NHS and ONS downloads are accurate. The NHS one specifies which columns are subject to change.

so the actual days deaths could be higher now than whats being reported
Yeah in a week’s time we could find out 1000 died today, only 200 of which were reported today.

Or of course lower. There may be no more than those 200 we find out about after today.

I wonder if the daily death numbers are very variable? Rather than showing any kind of trend they’re more like 400 one day 85 another day 500 the next day and 60 the day after. But it’s just easier to report them in a correlative format.

Thats correct. The daily test will be a lot closer as tests only take 24 hours and I assume always take 24 hours so while there will be a slight lag there won’t be some from days or weeks ago other other sources to add in. The most accurate will be hospital admissions and ICU numbers, and these are what the government will make decisions on.

Ah right. Useful to know. Cheers

Where is this data?
The Scottish briefings give the figures every day , not sure where the UKfigures are, but they did show a graph for critical care at yesterdays briefing that showed a levelling off, so it must be available somewhere.

Where is this data?

It's not really available to us on a day to day basis, but the government has it. I've seen a few graphs over the last few weeks tracking it I think, but from published studies IIRC. I think one was shown in a daily briefing recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.