COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to consider the financial aspect as well the country cannot keep paying 80% of people's wages waiting till a vaccine is available, we will eventually have to come out of lockdown. Difficult decisions ahead.

The Government will be factoring in the economy and that might have been why our lockdown started later. The faster we get control of the virus the less harmful the damage to the economy will be.

Yes this is costing hundreds of £billions but least half of employees will continue to get paid normally because they are either essential workers, in the wider public sector and / or can work from home. Half of self employed people haven’t claimed a penny.

ok let's take one reporter as an example. The twat who's trying to make a name for himself by going to a care home.
q. why aren't care home workers being tested?
a. As we announced on friday, they are.

q. why aren't residents in care homes being tested?
a. they are along with everyone else when testing is requested due to symptoms, and have been throughout.

another theme:
PPE

q.why haven't everyone got everything they need all the time?
a. are you a fucking moron?
I have read a lot about only care workers are tested,the glascow home tested the staff but not the patients,i really think this it is available depending on clinical need is a convenient line for him,in the next breath he says there is a lot more to be understood in care homes

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...us-outbreak-at-glasgow-care-home-after-13-die

I am always going to believe frontline workers over the government,there is an ocean between what the gov think they are doing,and in good faith i understand,and what actually happens on the ground

On PPE,this is the most important issue,time after time drs and nurses and everyone else is begging for enough,it is very short,some are wearing bin bags but everyone is surprised that some are positive or dying,so long as frontline workers are talking to the media they have a responsibilty to keep bringing it up

His comments about people using it too much did not go down well,he dodged apologising today,he can't blame them for protecting themselves,some are nursing their own colleagues in intensive care,i don't think he has any clue how scared they are

US's top man on what will inform the lifting of the lockdown, and how they will do it. What the risks are etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.