COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a fourth reason, they can't stay apart, families visit families, we've seen it all weekend where I live, and that's relatively well off and well educated people.

Worse still for the Muslim community, Ramadan begins in 10 days time, and is usually broken each day with a family feast after sunset, how is that going to affect the situation ?

I doubt that will happen.forget religion believes I cannot see the police letting them get away with it.

EU chief: Elderly may be isolated until 2021

The elderly may have to remain in isolation until next year to protect themselves from coronavirus, the EU Commission president has told a German newspaper.

Ursula von der Leyen told Bild “we have to limit as much as possible contact with the elderly” until a vaccine against Covid-19 was developed.

Most experts say a vaccine that provides immunity to coronavirus will not be ready for mass production for at least a year.

Von der Leyen said she recognised the difficultly of isolation, but stressed when “it is a question of life or death, we have to remain disciplined and patient”.

"Children and young people will enjoy more freedom of movement earlier than elderly people and those with pre-existing medical conditions," she told Bild.

She said she hoped that a European laboratory would develop a vaccine towards the end of the year.

Wow,the intelligence off the EU,jailed in there own homes oaps,
Yet it seems that the UK vaccine could be rolled out by Sept in trials go ok,

There's no way that this would've been mistaken for flu. Certainly not in that environment. The numbers would've been horrendous.

There was a report from Reuters on here stating the first case was in December.
Like others I had that cough/ aches for months(mild symptoms) others were more affected,time off work,
So maybe it was a milder form of the virus.

According to bbc.
There will be a review on thursday to see if there can be any changes to the lockdown.
I cant see how there can.
I can imagine my boss sitting at home now thinking we will all be back at work on friday

Wow,the intelligence off the EU,jailed in there own homes oaps,
Yet it seems that the UK vaccine could be rolled out by Sept in trials go ok,

Let’s say the vaccine is passed in September(although that is extremely unlikely) how long does production take? Do we have the ‘ingredients’ make enough to roll it out nationwide and then the infrastructure to roll it out globally?

If September is when it’s ready then saying the vulnerable are best staying in doors for a few more months doesn’t seem particularly extreme to me

Karen, Covid19 was only made a notifiable disease by statutory instrument on March 5th so nobody has the faintest idea how many people had it or died from it prior to that date.

It is, therefore, entirely possible, I'd say even probable, that people did have it, and died from it, around Christmas.
Thanks for that NN, I forgot about it being a notifiable disease.
Brings back sad memories of when my mum caught MRSA in hospital after suffering a stroke. She died in hospital but the death note failed to mention MRSA, I queried this but they refused to accept it was part of her reason to die.

Seems like deja vu regarding the tardy requirement to notify.

Let’s say the vaccine is passed in September(although that is extremely unlikely) how long does production take? Do we have the ‘ingredients’ make enough to roll it out nationwide and then the infrastructure to roll it out globally?

If September is when it’s ready then saying the vulnerable are best staying in doors for a few more months doesn’t seem particularly extreme to me
As I understand it, they grow the vaccine in countless trays of eggs and therefore it will take ****ing ages to produce 66m doses, let alone 7.7 bn doses.

According to bbc.
There will be a review on thursday to see if there can be any changes to the lockdown.
I can imagine my boss sitting at home now thinking we will all be back at work on friday

Last week, the number of deaths started to rise on Wednesday/Thursday, as more data was processed from the weekend before. I predicted then that the figures after the Easter weekend would probably only filter through around Wed-Fri this week, so given that these figures are likely to be high, perhaps even the peak, it’s hard to see the Government being in a position to do anything other than extend the lockdown for the foreseeable.

According to bbc.

I can’t see any loosening of the restrictions for at least 3 weeks. After that see where we are

Some businesses may be able to open as will some restaurants as long as they obey strict social distancing measures. Forget pubs, mass-gathering, the general public getting on planes and sporting events

Even if they opened the Trafford Centre tomorrow, the general public will still have a concern for their own health and won’t be running out to crowded shops, bars etc any time soon

I think some restrictions will be lifted June/July but back to this semi-lockdown in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.