COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks,any new infections?

Not that I’ve heard about. About half the staff in there. One chap went to a different city to see his family and was quarantined for 14 days on his return before being allowed back in the office.

Incidently. If Belgium had the same population as the UK with similar death stats to Belgium they would have reported 1,477 deaths today.
They actually reported 254 deaths.

The main reason in this case is population density. The higher the population density, the more likely you are to catch it. Between 30 and 40% of our nation's cities are ethnic minorities - even more so in densly populated city centres - so proportionally they will be hit harder.
The second reason is underlying medical conditions - especially diabetes (both type1 and type 2) and high blood pressure. This is why men are being hit proportionally harder as more of them have these conditions than women. Especially those over 60. Lifestyle and poverty come in here. High sugar diets are cheaper and this leads to people being overweight. Hence the poor and unfit will have proportionally more of these conditions.
The third reason is genetics. I'm afraid the Asian community will be hit the hardest here - twice as heavily as other communities in the same environments. Even healthy people in this community have a propensity for diabetes. Twice as much as any other ethnicity.
There's a fourth reason, they can't stay apart, families visit families, we've seen it all weekend where I live, and that's relatively well off and well educated people.

Worse still for the Muslim community, Ramadan begins in 10 days time, and is usually broken each day with a family feast after sunset, how is that going to affect the situation ?

On that subject;

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/car...-to-deal-with-coronavirus-in-scotland-2536905
Care workers across Scotland are to be given an immediate pay rise in recognition of their work during the coronavirus outbreak, with more than a third of care homes now reporting possible cases.

All adult social care workers will receive a 3.3 per cent increase in pay, backdated from 1 April, and will now receive a minimum of the real living wage of £9.30 per hour.

I hope England and Wales follow quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.