COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you're saying. I had friends and family with it over Xmas and into the new year.
I've a friend who'd come back from skiing in Europe, having had it. We met up, a in pub on the weekend of his return. Say five days after his illness. In our number were a couple of 60 year olds, mid 50s (as is he) and the rest mainly 40s. Included was a friend in his late 50s who is terminally ill. The pub was packed with diners too. No one caught it.
My grandson and his father had it. My other two grandsons didn't. Neither did my daughter. They all live in the same household. They didn't get it.
My wife and I came into contact with them on numerous occasions. We came into contact with friends with it, on numerous occasions. We didn't get it.
My daughters household and ours were in close contact with my mother-in-law, who happens to be terminally ill. They were all in contact with her pregnant daughter in law We were also in close contact with them. The didn't get it.
My wife and daughter both work in (different) residential homes. One of which had their first Covid death yesterday. They were in close contact with their elderly residents and families. It's now going through the home. The other is still Covid free.
Which takes me back to my suggestion that what was going around wasn't the Covid. It just couldn't have been, otherwise, with the amount of contact I've mentioned, my family would've turned residential homes, locally into killing fields.
We'd have most likely taken out my terminally ill mother in law. My terminally ill friend would most likely have been taken out. The pregnant daughter in law may well have been taken ill with it. And above all, as mentioned two care homes, at least would've been wiped out.
What was going around back then just couldn't have been anything like what's going around now.
One thing I’ll add to your post and throw in the mix was my experience that I posted about a few weeks ago, where me and 10 friends spent 3 days in close contact with a guy who on his return to Oz tested positive for covid who therefore conclusively had it during the 3 days we all spent together.

Without having antibody tests we obviously can’t be sure who had it asymptomatically however it’s fucking weird that as it stands not one of us have gone down with it.

Doesn’t make sense.

I can’t see any loosening of the restrictions for at least 3 weeks. After that see where we are

Some businesses may be able to open as will some restaurants as long as they obey strict social distancing measures. Forget pubs, mass-gathering, the general public getting on planes and sporting events

Even if they opened the Trafford Centre tomorrow, the general public will still have a concern for their own health and won’t be running out to crowded shops, bars etc any time soon

I think some restrictions will be lifted June/July but back to this semi-lockdown in September
You have more faith in the Great British public than i do

One thing I’ll add to your post and throw in the mix was my experience that I posted about a few weeks ago, where me and 10 friends spent 3 days in close contact with a guy who on his return to Oz tested positive for covid who therefore conclusively had it during the 3 days we all spent together.

Without having antibody tests we obviously can’t be sure who had it asymptomatically however it’s fucking weird that as it stands not one of us have gone down with it.

Doesn’t make sense.
I remember reading that and thankfully it didn't come to anything for yourselves. I'm no Miss Marple so I wouldn't be able to explain that one either.
All I'm saying is that from December until lockdown what was (the bug) going around couldn't have been Covid 19.

Like our early control measures on flights at the start of this problem , which was non existent ,as we release our lockdown measures we will fail on this element again.

London is one of worlds global cities and flights in and out are very important . Even if domestically we release some of the measures in May the flights should be not released until later and only after we have come up with some medical screening measures at the borders like most other countries.

the idea that thousands of people can come into the country without having some form of temperature check is ludicrous.

I agree with your last paragraph but not your first. Even this government can’t fail twice on the same issue in such a short space of time

We may have to have screening because we are in course to be one of the worst effected in the Western world. Other countries might not want people from the U.K. coming in without the necessary documentation. They may want to take back control, so to speak

Doesn’t make sense.

Its very difficult to know if you have had it or not . On the journey back from Wembley I felt terrible on the train back, and didnt get out of bed for about 4 days and had at least a week of work. I would say I had 80& of said symptoms, my eyes were really painful and itchy as well. Yet thankfully no one in our household caught it. Admittedly I dont know if I had it or not all I know is it came on so quick and hit me like a lead balloon. I was fine before going to Wembley but within hours of City lifting the cup I felt shit.

I remember reading that and thankfully it didn't come to anything for yourselves. I'm no Miss Marple so I wouldn't be able to explain that one either.
All I'm saying is that from December until lockdown what was (the bug) going around couldn't have been Covid 19.
Agreed about the December part, just shows though that there is so much we still have no idea about with this virus. Just had a doctor on morning tele then saying they have no idea why some get it so much worse than others.

Doesn’t make sense.
This is the great unknown in all this we don’t seem to have any clue how many have had it, seen loads of widely differing estimates from 1000 / death which would be 1 in 6 of us down to about 2% of us.
Not sure how we plan future restrictions without a much better idea of a true number.
We know @karen7 thinks she caught it at Wembley, we know the Villa fan had it at Wembley so it was going around then but did anyone Karen was with at Wembley show symptoms and get tested ?
We have a suspicion our son had it over new year which seems too early , my wife had a mild cough after him but myself and his sister nothing.
We really need a test to know these numbers.

I agree with your last paragraph but not your first. Even this government can’t fail twice on the same issue in such a short space of time

We may have to have screening because we are in course to be one of the worst effected in the Western world. Other countries might not want people from the U.K. coming in without the necessary documentation. They may want to take back control, so to speak

many countries did that at the start of the outbreak on flights from the uk , it was just us who decided to do fuck all.

Agreed about the December part, just shows though that there is so much we still have no idea about with this virus. Just had a doctor on morning tele then saying they have no idea why some get it so much worse than others.
At this present time I'm trying to minimise my risk of developing it. Basically we're social distancing within the household, with me sleeping in the lounge at night. This being due to the fact my wife is now working in an environment where it's running rife.
All we can do at home is try to keep the viral load (if present) to a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.