COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i can tell you now that there is no lockdown in reality. In reality, all that is being observed is loose social distancing.
I have never seen so many people taking their "daily allowed exercise". We are definitely on course for winning the Tour De France and Olympics next time around!

I've managed to keep my (outdoor based) business going during this crisis. In fact nothing has changed except for difficulty getting spare parts and materials.
I have a very robust safe working system in place. At no point do i come into contact with any of my customers.
Everything is conducted via telephone before/during/after work. The customers has to agree to never leave the house while i'm on site.

But yet, i'm seeing friends/family visit them during their "officially allowed daily exercise". Some visitors, will stay a few metres away from a window or open garage door. So you think there is no problem right?
But no, several times i have seen visitors "just nip in for a minute". Or other pathetic excuses.
I think they think it is like the "five second rule" when you drop your toast. You know, the one where all germs don't invade for 5 seconds to give you a chance!
Some people are even visiting several times a day.
Then there is the dating couples. Nothing on earth is going to keep these people apart. So you see kids from one family constantly swapping house to see each other.
Then there are the senior rebels. Obviously, since they are old, they know best. I'm seeing my elderly customers leaving the house several times a day.
Sometimes it's for their "officially allowed exercise", that seems to take around two hours. Then it's off in the car to do some shopping. Again several times a day. They somehow manage to still be at home when their friends are taking their "daily allowed exercise" and just call round for a chat.
I work for some of the richest people in the North West, so we are not talking about thick twats who know no better.

As you can imagine, this has caused me a dilemma. Do i say something and risk losing a customer/getting paid, or stay quiet and just finish the job?
So far, all i've done is return to my van, until any visitors leave. I've then made it clear that the constant "visits" has caused me to stop working and that is costing them money. I've now got to the point where i'm going to close down. Normally sensible people are putting themselves and me(my family) at risk.

Everybody who is breaking the "Lockdown" is justifying what they do. But that doesn't make them right. They will be responsible for the continuation of this crisis.
NOBODY needs to exercise outside. I don't want to hear that running/cycling cleanses your soul. Using the word "nip" doesn't make any activity acceptable. I understand staying healthy is important, but you can find ways to do this at home.
We were only "asked" (not dictated too) , to lockdown for three weeks FFS!
I don't think it truly lasted a week...

what ?

you are criticising people for going for a walk , run or bike ride whilst you continue to run your non essential business. Driving around visiting home to home to do your business. Unless you are delivering medicines or food I don’t think you are in any position to have a go at others.

you literally are criticising people for “justifying what they do “ to exercise whilst going on about justifying your position.

if you are saying well I can run my business as it’s in the govt guidelines fine, those going exercising are doing so too. The vast majority of those will be out for under an hour , not all day, nor will they be at someone else’s house.

If you think full lockdown is important practice what you preach

Spot on.

It's really not helpful the endless posts from people saying they may have had COVID-19 around Christmas time, simply because they had s cold or flu.

No-one in the UK had Coronavirus infection around that time: it would be impossible. Were that the case, the spread of the disease in the UK would have occured much quicker than it did.

I don't know why people persist with the idea? Maybe it's some clutching at straws hoping they may now be immune from it?
Exactly.

That's reassuring, thanks Chippy.

Just out of interest, do you believe that the first person to catch Covid19 in the UK got it on 5th March ?

If not, since you evidently know these things, how long before that did it arrive ? A day ? A week ? A month ? 2 months ?

the first case of UK transmitted covid 19 was February 28th.

According to bbc.
There will be a review on thursday to see if there can be any changes to the lockdown.
I cant see how there can.
I can imagine my boss sitting at home now thinking we will all be back at work on friday

That tallies with the 3 week period being up soon afterwards. I agree that nothing much will change.

Why is Britain not trialing plasma treatment. There must be a valid reason?

If you can combine that with developing some type of immunity test and passport you would think it would save lives and get people back to work at the same time. It could help treat people whilst we wait for a vaccine to be developed and produced.

If I knew I’d had covid 19 and my now immune blood would save people and get this horrible situation over with sooner I’d be giving pints of it away. I’m sure the wider public would too.

Just out of interest, do you believe that the first person to catch Covid19 in the UK got it on 5th March ?

If not, since you evidently know these things, how long before that did it arrive ? A day ? A week ? A month ? 2 months ?

Was it around this time last year ? I caught something this time last year and it's the most poorly I have every been. Looking back again around 80% symptoms. I had chest xrays for a dry dry cough that took months to go often resulting in coughing so much that fluid would burn coming up. I had blood tests. All came back clear but would they have been looking for covidvirus ?.
I nearly had to cancel my wedding and begged the doctor to give me something, he gave me some antibiotics and said they will last 5 days max. Which they did I just about got though the wedding but the honeymoon was a right off in bed for all the wrong reasons ;)

Last edited:
I said at the time of of Cheltenham, Liverpool/Ath Madrid that the U.K. government has either got this very right or very wrong. It looked at the time they got it wrong and it will be very difficult to explain how they got it right other than ‘following the science’....

Regarding Cheltenham, even after that meeting had finished there was still over a further dozen horse racing fixtures to take place over the next Five days. Obviously not attended to the scale of Presbury park, but still decent crowds.

Not in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.