COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've friends who are convinced they've had it or similar around Xmas as well.

They obviously didn't otherwise ICU would have been very busy nationwide but maybe it was a sort of CV-19 lite which mutated in the wet markets to what we have now?

Unlikely but nothing is impossible.

This is true. The point is that no-one can say that it is "impossible" that people had it in late December/early January. It is that presumption that I am doubtful about.
I’d agree with that. I think it unlikely, but only a fool comments with absolute certainty on this subject.

Depends what you mean by mass use. There are plenty of reports of companies planning on timelines which commence with immunisation in September. That doesn't mean they will be met of course. There's a report involving Oxford Uni on the BBC live feed at the moment

"A coronavirus vaccine could be available for the general public by September, according to a professor of vaccinology at Oxford University. Professor Sarah Gilbert told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that clinical trials of the vaccine would "be starting quite soon" and that production processes need to be set in motion quickly. "We need to start manufacturing large amounts of the vaccine," she said. "It is not uncommon for companies to start manufacturing a new vaccine before they really know for certain it works..."

I would expect the whole lot to have plans! It's all down to finding something that works adequately, and that's the sticking point. The Prof is not wrong that something 'could' be available; whether it's likely is a different matter,

Manufacturing isn't really the sticking point, as the compounds can be broken down and reused to some degree (quite a high degree too, I think) - it's also going to be something they make for a long long time and in such amounts that a bit of lossleading is worth it.

China’s got the highest reported infections in 5 weeks so the that blows out of the water the theory that it’s stopping .

I’d agree with that. I think it unlikely, but only a fool comments with absolute certainty on this subject.
It’s certainly impossible that every single person that believes they’ve have it in December is correct. We’ve seen the exponential numbers of confirmed cases and how few actually had it once the tests were rolled out back at the end of January and start of February.

In those first weeks, we wouldn’t have seen 2, 2, 3, 6, 9, 9 etc etc for a month. We’d have started off with hundreds and would now be on about 3x-5x the amount of confirmed cases than we actually have.

People get bad coughs and Flu every year and yet according to my Facebook newsfeed, I apparently know some tens of people that had it from November 2019 to January 2020, or are certainly sure they did.

I have mentioned before that I am not convinced I didnt get it from Malaga at the end of Jan. Initially it was ruled out but even my doctor has since said that he would not rule it out at all.

If I did I was lucky as I am in the at risk category, and am not aware of having passed it on, though there would be very few I could have because the lock down we are currently on is pretty much my life anyway for 6/7 months of the year(try putting up with that you moaning twats).

if you are saying well I can run my business as it’s in the govt guidelines fine, those going exercising are doing so too. The vast majority of those will be out for under an hour , not all day, nor will they be at someone else’s house.

So you think people are actually following the guidelines? I was out there seeing it on a daily basis. It started off ok and gradually got worse.
You obviously didn't get the point of the post. If people were following the guidelines, then people would be able to go out and safely take some exercise. Hence there would be no need for my post.
I was following the guidelines in my business. When that become impossible, i stopped. This won't stop what other people are doing though.
As it is, the guidelines are being widely flouted. And it's not even just a few knobheads. It is a lot of people in one form or the other.

Let’s say the vaccine is passed in September(although that is extremely unlikely) how long does production take? Do we have the ‘ingredients’ make enough to roll it out nationwide and then the infrastructure to roll it out globally?

If September is when it’s ready then saying the vulnerable are best staying in doors for a few more months doesn’t seem particularly extreme to me

Depending when that article was released
Maybe translation misinterpreted it,she says 1year before mass production,which I get,,so not nit picking, what you said,they stay indoors for a few months,extra.depending if the uk one works,then pass it on to the rest of the world,but going by her comment I don't see all elderly are frail, but those that are should be looked after & I don't mean being housebound they will have to sort something out for them,because going by my own situation am bored to fk & it's only just over 2wks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.