COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can combine that with developing some type of immunity test and passport you would think it would save lives and get people back to work at the same time. It could help treat people whilst we wait for a vaccine to be developed and produced.

If I knew I’d had covid 19 and my now immune blood would save people and get this horrible situation over with sooner I’d be giving pints of it away. I’m sure the wider public would too.

I cannot fathom the reluctance to trial this.

The first cases caught it in China and flew to the U.K.
Viral genetics say that most UK cases came via Singapore or Italy (via Singapore). Cases that came from China (or China via Washington state) arrived later and only form a small percentage of UK cases.

It’s certainly impossible that every single person that believes they’ve have it in December is correct. We’ve seen the exponential numbers of confirmed cases and how few actually had it once the tests were rolled out back at the end of January and start of February.

In those first weeks, we wouldn’t have seen 2, 2, 3, 6, 9, 9 etc etc for a month. We’d have started off with hundreds and would now be on about 3x-5x the amount of confirmed cases than we actually have.

People get bad coughs and Flu every year and yet according to my Facebook newsfeed, I apparently know some tens of people that had it from November 2019 to January 2020, or are certainly sure they did.
I’ve already said that the notion of December is fanciful and I’d agree with your suggestion that every person who thinks they had it back then cannot possibly be right, although you could apply that logic to any situation that requires the input of the human brain.

It’s perfectly natural for certain people to engage in wishful thinking when a deadly pandemic is sweeping the world, for the same reason certain people are convinced that they’ve got Covid-19 and are going to die from it every time they cough.

I’ve already said that the notion of December is fanciful and I’d agree with your suggestion that every person who thinks they had it back then cannot possibly be right, although you could apply that logic to any situation that requires the input of the human brain.

It’s perfectly natural for certain people to engage in wishful thinking when a deadly pandemic is sweeping the world, for the same reason certain people are convinced that they’ve got Covid-19 and are going to die from it every time they cough.
I'm more worried about a 'second wave' as happened with the flu in 1918. Basically 6 months latter it came back mutated and much worse - people literally catching it in the morning and dying the same day.

I'm more worried about a 'second wave' as happened with the flu in 1918. Basically 6 months latter it came back mutated and much worse - people literally catching it in the morning and dying the same day.
That could happen, but most successful mutations tend to push a virus towards being less malign for reasons of self-preservation.

It's not "every person" it's "any person".

None of these people who think they did actually had Covid-19 in December.

If they had, then they'd have infected 3 people. And they'd have infected 9 people, and they'd have infected 27 people, and they'd have infected 81 people and by new years we'd have had hundreds of cases and multiple deaths from a new strain of pneumonia.

That doesn't just get missed. Even in a provincial part of China, it only took 40 people getting ill for them to realise that there was a new virus.

The people that died the same day they got ill were probably poisoned by Aspirin.

The US surgeon general recommended a massive (often fatal) dose of aspirin as a course of treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.