COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
comparisons are pointless unless you know what is being treated as a death from corona virus.

if someone has terminal cancer and the virus finishes them off, it’s not counted as a virus related death in some countries, it is in others. people dying in care homes from the virus aren’t counted in some places and are in others.

unless you know that the statistics in Belgium, China, the US etc are all being recorded in the same way, it’s a fairly pointless exercise to compare death rates country to country.

Fair comment

Vaccines give herd immunity.
I fail to understand why people dont get this.
Each to there own I suppose.

I do get it, that’s why I made it clear when people speak of ‘herd immunity’ as a policy they don’t mean herd immunity via vaccination, they mean herd immunity via normal transmission.

comparisons are pointless unless you know what is being treated as a death from corona virus.

if someone has terminal cancer and the virus finishes them off, it’s not counted as a virus related death in some countries, it is in others. people dying in care homes from the virus aren’t counted in some places and are in others.

unless you know that the statistics in Belgium, China, the US etc are all being recorded in the same way, it’s a fairly pointless exercise to compare death rates country to country.

If we weren’t looking at Germany’s statistics and thinking they are probably doing something we could learn from, I’d be very worried. Yes there’s a margin of error but clear trends are forming and you can’t wait until all the data is in and 100% reliable before you act.

I was amazed this morning just how many people are out and about, where i live i have seen a drastic reduction in the number of people who walk past our house. However i went out to get shopping for the first time since Thursday this morning to get my shopping as well as food for my elderly mother. I couldn't believe just how many people were out, Morrisions, Asda, Aldi, Lidl, Iceland and B&M all had car parks that must have been 75% full, to be fair some of these stores share the same car park so i hope each store is enforcing the distancing rules. From the outside it just looked like any other day.

What really got me was the increase in the number of number of joggers, walkers and cyclist out as well, There must be thousands of people out of their homes at present around Tameside. I saw nothing with regard to a police presence and it is clear that there is just no resource available to deal with this.

This is the great unknown in all this we don’t seem to have any clue how many have had it, seen loads of widely differing estimates from 1000 / death which would be 1 in 6 of us down to about 2% of us.
Not sure how we plan future restrictions without a much better idea of a true number.
We know @karen7 thinks she caught it at Wembley, we know the Villa fan had it at Wembley so it was going around then but did anyone Karen was with at Wembley show symptoms and get tested ?
We have a suspicion our son had it over new year which seems too early , my wife had a mild cough after him but myself and his sister nothing.
We really need a test to know these numbers.
I spent the day with worsleweb,he got tested as i had tested positive and he is fin e,as i am a hermit i can be sure i got it that weekend,as you say the villa fan was already sick when he went to wembley

The Aston Villa fan first noticed symptoms when he headed to Wembley for the League Cup final against Manchester City on 1 March. He had a "bad dry cough" and a "bit of a headache

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...-in-intensive-care-a-survivors-story-11965073

It is possible that people had it as early as jan i think,maybe it started off quite mild and got worse as it spread?

If we weren’t looking at Germany’s statistics and thinking they are probably doing something we could learn from, I’d be very worried. Yes there’s a margin of error but clear trends are forming and you can’t wait until all the data is in and 100% reliable before you act.

re read the caveat at the end of the first sentence of the post you replied to and see if you think that applies to Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.