COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent the day with worsleweb,he got tested as i had tested positive and he is fin e,as i am a hermit i can be sure i got it that weekend,as you say the villa fan was already sick when he went to wembley

The Aston Villa fan first noticed symptoms when he headed to Wembley for the League Cup final against Manchester City on 1 March. He had a "bad dry cough" and a "bit of a headache

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...-in-intensive-care-a-survivors-story-11965073

It is possible that people had it as early as jan i think,maybe it started off quite mild and got worse as it spread?
I suppose end of Jan is just about conceivably feasible (although unlikely). But the numbers of people infected by late Jan would have been like 1, or 2 perhaps. If any. None is far, far more likely.

And yet we have people saying they felt a bit iffy around Christmas and "I bet I had Coronavirus". It's just complete bollocks. No-one on this forum had Coronavirus around Christmas time, end of.

The only way I can make any sense of our version of a "lockdown" is if we still believe the herd immunity arguement is valid, i fully understand that the Government may not want to admit to this but i can see no other reason why people are still having the freedom of movement we currently have and the fact that we are basically self policing ourselves.

re read the caveat at the end of the first sentence of the post you replied to and see if you think that applies to Germany

Virtually all countries which are being mentioned in these comparisons have a near identical methodology for recording deaths i.e. if they died with coronavirus, they died from coronavirus.

So there will be a few outliers but most of the comparisons between other Western democracies will be fairly accurate even if they aren’t 100% accurate.

The only way I can make any sense of our version of a "lockdown" is if we still believe the herd immunity arguement is valid, i fully understand that the Government may not want to admit to this but i can see no other reason why people are still having the freedom of movement we currently have and the fact that we are basically self policing ourselves.

In truth its probably deemed the best level of restriction that is remotely acceptable and realistic as we simply have not the resources to enforce anything more for any length of time.

Take every copper, every soldier and every SIA trained doorman and you still could'nt police London, let alone the whole country.

One of the main reasons this virus has and will continue to hit us hard is unfortunately we have a very high percentage of cunts idiots and fuck wits in our population.

Virtually all countries which are being mentioned in these comparisons have a near identical methodology for recording deaths i.e. if they died with coronavirus, they died from coronavirus.

So there will be a few outliers but most of the comparisons between other Western democracies will be fairly accurate even if they aren’t 100% accurate.
BBC live feed carries this snippet:

A couple of readers have been in touch regarding Covid-19 death rates in Belgium, pointing out that Belgian health authorities are currently counting any death of an individual in an elderly care home with any respiratory symptoms as a Covid-19 death.

This is similar to the way that France records its Covid-19 death rate. So far the UK does not do the same.

It is a point worth remembering when looking at Covid-19 death rates across Europe and the world. We could well be comparing apples with oranges.

I doubt that will happen.forget religion believes I cannot see the police letting them get away with it.
I'm not sure there are enough police to get anywhere near stopping them, remember there are often large families living within doors of each other, the tradition is for each household to make food for each other, and then get together and share it out, how can you stop that ?

Like I said the ones around where I live are relatively well off and are well educated, but they are visiting each other now, Ramadan won't improve things.

On top of that there are a fair few "new year" festivals tomorrow, Tamil, Bengal for instance, again cultures that traditionally celebrate these things together.

On Thursday its the final day of passover for the Jewish community, though I confess I don't know if that normally involves a big celebration.

BBC live feed carries this snippet:

A couple of readers have been in touch regarding Covid-19 death rates in Belgium, pointing out that Belgian health authorities are currently counting any death of an individual in an elderly care home with any respiratory symptoms as a Covid-19 death.

This is similar to the way that France records its Covid-19 death rate. So far the UK does not do the same.

It is a point worth remembering when looking at Covid-19 death rates across Europe and the world. We could well be comparing apples with oranges.

If @Chris in London was referring to the old care homes death issue then I’d agree with that and I made the same point yesterday with regard to care home deaths in France. My interpretation was about different methodologies being used to calculate the cause of death (rather than where they happened) which is largely the same across Europe.

I see it as still the herd theory, but it spreads at a slower rate, but still spreads, at a rate the NHS isn't overwhelmed. So ventilators are available to everyone when needed. Major problem being lots will die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.