COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
given the population densities in Europe comparing actual numbers is misleading and often alarmist which obviously suits piers Morgan.

deaths per 1million of population is a much better way of seeing how countries healthcare systems/ strategies are coping . Although I still don’t believe how people measure deaths or manage their stats so even this is difficult to follow.

Eg

we have 156 deaths per 1 million of the population.

china has 2 .

China is a little different though because of the size. The outbreak was contained more or less to the province where Wuhan is, the name escapes me. Maybe a more accurate way would be deaths per million of that particular province???

The main goal is vaccination with as few deaths as possible. That’s plan A.

If you get to herd immunity via normal transmission (what the Gov’t were referring to as ‘herd immunity’) and between 60-80% of the population get COVID-19, that’s a lot of deaths unless the 60-80% are people without underlying health conditions. I doubt that’s plan A anywhere in the world judging by the lockdowns imposed because of the numbers that would likely die.
Vaccines give herd immunity.
I fail to understand why people dont get this.
Each to there own I suppose.

I don't know where you lot all live but it's like a ghost town round here.

Went to get shopping yesterday, drove through town and there was barely a soul about.
Its the same here, BUT, in the apartment complex we live, people are still having visits from families and friends, on foot (taking their exercise obviously).

We do one walk each day, but avoid contact with anyone else as much as is possible, crossing the road if need be, or walking in the road, we have spoken to neighbours, but from distance (certainly more than 2m), and we wipe anything we have to touch (doors/lift buttons etc), before we touch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.