COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it as still the herd theory, but it spreads at a slower rate, but still spreads, at a rate the NHS isn't overwhelmed. So ventilators are available to everyone when needed. Major problem being lots will die.

Exactly, this is my thinking as well

Its the same here, BUT, in the apartment complex we live, people are still having visits from families and friends, on foot (taking their exercise obviously).

We do one walk each day, but avoid contact with anyone else as much as is possible, crossing the road if need be, or walking in the road, we have spoken to neighbours, but from distance (certainly more than 2m), and we wipe anything we have to touch (doors/lift buttons etc), before we touch it.
Does that include the knob ?

I suppose end of Jan is just about conceivably feasible (although unlikely). But the numbers of people infected by late Jan would have been like 1, or 2 perhaps. If any. None is far, far more likely.

And yet we have people saying they felt a bit iffy around Christmas and "I bet I had Coronavirus". It's just complete bollocks. No-one on this forum had Coronavirus around Christmas time, end of.
Fact

I'm not sure there are enough police to get anywhere near stopping them, remember there are often large families living within doors of each other, the tradition is for each household to make food for each other, and then get together and share it out, how can you stop that ?

Like I said the ones around where I live are relatively well off and are well educated, but they are visiting each other now, Ramadan won't improve things.

On top of that there are a fair few "new year" festivals tomorrow, Tamil, Bengal for instance, again cultures that traditionally celebrate these things together.

On Thursday its the final day of passover for the Jewish community, though I confess I don't know if that normally involves a big celebration.
Re Passover it began last Wednesday and the first two nights are traditionally when families get together and celebrate rather than the last night. The whole community was told that this year families shouldn’t gather due to the restrictions. Hopefully the Muslim community will also be instructed not to gather during Ramadan.

Herd immunity is not a theory. Neither is it a policy. It is an inevitable consequence. It is and will occur for as long as the virus is in circulation.

Anyway, todays update.
xLUYYW0Vax6YV91MG9R_UQ2OvrfaGcefyjKKCBYnjCrw3Fjk4y2F-ffOPuO1XEgD9Q-RERfCgj3i4znj2Wt2pz7a3KeZu4HnCcyN4HdgKcctj4CTsIYqwFivE-OfMe9bnyIf13aZEq8i3LkWVw7HwNcnNNsBVIWffdPVMu6OF1KgClu43-dApnPvqYqrW0oKo8JWEU24gwIpQqIuJgFdVgtEeKHSK46weJKjBlsEV9k0j8Ui3fdmUCW4RpguG-afpeJshk24MwVfWEc8Y2v26MxEeCDyo4s5LO4Ta-u5qjE5RKUbSgow0PXqFpzk9pkm7OuXF0vh0Fh2rhufO8Pb5Xs0Qw4lA4MctfY5cxrjlII5DffLichzfiiFi4I2EtfNIgC3CHaMAAzhDDKA4rnjtuEShdjMceV3XC_vW_LNpGU_Rd4c4gqdyj1XJFl3PSV1vuDFGGKOTtqecMDFX5RLWBYKdphqRBmoWLq0wgF52-NBwFh6Ega9vgyeYSIQTTd_x-Izi2TjtKLGeFmP03ua7mfR81-GKnZ4DQ68OOY2pmD8xBQfGPlSyilGM2No_k4SxBH9z7MQ_j84MrahPa1Phy52vWYCSFeLI_aDBnUNZp30GDJlJc-C5HSTinD1K-UoM1PARINm0tfS3U-mlXomcF6vq5-Gq2_XJxWJ1WKTrduAYs7PkxDA7h80O5Jk=w2642-h1470-no

It's also not black and white, on or off.

If the German results of antibody testing means 15% of the population has already been infected, then there's already going to be a significant immunity in the population which will really slow down the rate of it spreading after the lockdown.

That means Instead of an infection rate of 2.5, you're instantly down to 2.1 - because every 6th person is immune - and that's before social distancing measures, masks, isolating if you're ill etc which bring the rate down further.

So while you need about 60-80% of people to be immune to have 100% herd immunity and for the virus to die out, having 15% or more people immune will already start to give you major results.

Eerie, looking at that. Bank holiday, lovely weather (apparently, looking at that; same as over here), and ne'er a soul around, bar the tram drivers and street cleaners.

Why you can trust Sky News
Another 667 coronavirus patients have died in hospitals in England, taking the total in the country to 10,261.

Of the latest deaths recorded, 118 occurred on 12 April while 537 took place between 1 April and 11 April.

The remaining 12 deaths happened last month, going back as far as 26 March.

Patients were aged between 17 and 101 - and 40 of those (aged 37 to 98) had no underlying health conditions

I spent the day with worsleweb,he got tested as i had tested positive and he is fin e,as i am a hermit i can be sure i got it that weekend,as you say the villa fan was already sick when he went to wembley

The Aston Villa fan first noticed symptoms when he headed to Wembley for the League Cup final against Manchester City on 1 March. He had a "bad dry cough" and a "bit of a headache

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...-in-intensive-care-a-survivors-story-11965073

It is possible that people had it as early as jan i think,maybe it started off quite mild and got worse as it spread?
Yes, I was thinking more of who you may have caught it off , as worseyweb was negative. It was obviously spreading through the population through February if not before.

Mirror on line saying China may be having a second coming of this fucking virus, I pray the uk don’t lift lock down to early we’ve come this far we may as well see it through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.