COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect we are going to see some big jumps in numbers on Wednesday and Thursday, there is no way the figures coming in over a 4 day bank holiday are going to e complete.

Mirror on line saying China may be having a second coming of this fucking virus, I pray the uk don’t lift lock down to early we’ve come this far we may as well see it through

I think every country will have a second wave as they start to lift the lock down measures, it will be the level of infection of this second wave that will be interesting and more so if people infected already have a relapse.

Yes, I was thinking more of who you may have caught it off , as worseyweb was negative. It was obviously spreading through the population through February if not before.
It could have been any one of a thousand surfaces or from a person,we had to go through massive villa crowds outside of their pubs and of course the one of ours we were in was packed like sardines esp at the bar,add that i hugged a few people,i would love to know which moment it was

I think every country will have a second wave as they start to lift the lock down measures, it will be the level of infection of this second wave that will be interesting and more so if people infected already have a relapse.

We are an island so hopefully can stop the spread being as deadly as in other European countries if we keep our eye on the ball

I see it as still the herd theory, but it spreads at a slower rate, but still spreads, at a rate the NHS isn't overwhelmed. So ventilators are available to everyone when needed. Major problem being lots will die.
I know we don’t like the herd immunity as a policy. However I don’t see an alternative to some sort of controlled herd immunity other than full even tighter lockdown until a vaccine, which won’t happen. As you say a controlled spread to protect the NHS . At some stage before we are virus free and before w have a vaccine some of the restrictions will be lifted while the spread at a slower rate continues. Then maybe tightened again if it rises too quick.

Herd immunity is not a theory. Neither is it a policy. It is an inevitable consequence. It is and will occur for as long as the virus is in circulation.

Anyway, todays update.
xLUYYW0Vax6YV91MG9R_UQ2OvrfaGcefyjKKCBYnjCrw3Fjk4y2F-ffOPuO1XEgD9Q-RERfCgj3i4znj2Wt2pz7a3KeZu4HnCcyN4HdgKcctj4CTsIYqwFivE-OfMe9bnyIf13aZEq8i3LkWVw7HwNcnNNsBVIWffdPVMu6OF1KgClu43-dApnPvqYqrW0oKo8JWEU24gwIpQqIuJgFdVgtEeKHSK46weJKjBlsEV9k0j8Ui3fdmUCW4RpguG-afpeJshk24MwVfWEc8Y2v26MxEeCDyo4s5LO4Ta-u5qjE5RKUbSgow0PXqFpzk9pkm7OuXF0vh0Fh2rhufO8Pb5Xs0Qw4lA4MctfY5cxrjlII5DffLichzfiiFi4I2EtfNIgC3CHaMAAzhDDKA4rnjtuEShdjMceV3XC_vW_LNpGU_Rd4c4gqdyj1XJFl3PSV1vuDFGGKOTtqecMDFX5RLWBYKdphqRBmoWLq0wgF52-NBwFh6Ega9vgyeYSIQTTd_x-Izi2TjtKLGeFmP03ua7mfR81-GKnZ4DQ68OOY2pmD8xBQfGPlSyilGM2No_k4SxBH9z7MQ_j84MrahPa1Phy52vWYCSFeLI_aDBnUNZp30GDJlJc-C5HSTinD1K-UoM1PARINm0tfS3U-mlXomcF6vq5-Gq2_XJxWJ1WKTrduAYs7PkxDA7h80O5Jk=w2642-h1470-no
It was a policy at one point in the UK. As a reminder as one month ago the Chief Scientific adviser to the government Sir Patrick Valance said,

"Our aim is to try and reduce the peak, broaden the peak, not suppress it completely; also, because the vast majority of people get a mild illness, to build up some kind of herd immunity so more people are immune to this disease and we reduce the transmission, at the same time we protect those who are most vulnerable to it. Those are the key things we need to do."

Reactions: Vic
Yep, Sturgan is making that point,the numbers will be higher later on in the week
Yes, also a better breakdown of figures.

More detailed care home figures expected later this week

Ms Sturgeon says figures due out later this week will break down the statistics detailing where people have died, including whether it was in a hospital, in a care home or at home.

The Scottish government is working with the Care Inspectorate to provide support for care homes and it is working hard to ensure full and robust information can be published about the number of cases in care homes, explains the first minister.

I know we don’t like the herd immunity as a policy. However I don’t see an alternative to some sort of controlled herd immunity other than full even tighter lockdown until a vaccine, which won’t happen. As you say a controlled spread to protect the NHS . At some stage before we are virus free and before w have a vaccine some of the restrictions will be lifted while the spread at a slower rate continues. Then maybe tightened again if it rises too quick.
Surely social distancing is here to stay, until a vaccine is available.
I'm baffled how they think they can finish this season ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.