COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. Stupid question alert.

I vape right. And when I exhale the cloud if you like can travel much further than 2 metres if it catches a breeze. Also even if it’s not windy it can hover for someone else who was 2 metres away initially to walk through (I’m conscientious about this don’t worry).

Appreciate particles are different sizes and fall to the fall quicker and that jazz but are we saying covid19 particles can’t get caught on a breeze and travel much further? I know it’s been said it’s not really an airborne disease but if an infected jogger for example passes me at the 3 or 4 metres on a windy day is that really sufficient?
It's not a stupid question. Some "research" last week said it could hang around for several minutes and I posted...

Which is why it would be really useful to know how much likely infection is if you pass a jogger rather than if you pass where he was seven minutes ago.

Still no answer! I've not found the bluemoon epidemiologists forum yet though.

I appreciate that there is an awful lot of it but why oh why does the BBC focus entirely on the bad news. How many times do they have to reiterate the death toll from this awful disease and then state that this doesn't include care homes. And that the figure is expected to rise. ? Of course it is going to rise, deaths are not going to stop overnight. Compare that to their reporting of the number of people who have recovered or who are asymptomatic? Not one mention in the last hr that I have noticed. Click bait journalism at its worst with absolutely no balance.

Oh I forgot they have just mention Boris Johnson is recovering.
I think pushing the bad news is a deliberate ploy to stop the increasing dribble of the 'it's ok to go out lot' from hopefully going out. If they start the positive stuff even more people will be out & about.

Be suspicious of them cunts running about using the lockdown to try and set their new PB. Social distancing or not (its been done to death in the thread, i know), if theyre carrying it, blowing out of their arse, and moving... then there is absolutely no way that the danger zone around that person is a simple 6ft radius around them. It's a cloud/ chem trail.

Possibly analogous to the exhaust from a steam train, which dissipates quickly on a windy day but hangs in the air for a while and can drift in the air when the air is static.

One of the things that government advice *has* to be is simple, so issues like this will tend not to be discussed in the official advice

I was just surprised he was tested twice,got me wondering if all hosp patients had been tested twice

Sorry Karen. I should clarify. My friend who works for the NHS was tested after having symptoms but was not hospitalised, just sent home and allowed back in after a week as long as there were 48 hours symptom free. They may well be testing those hospitalised prior to discharge again.

I appreciate that there is an awful lot of it but why oh why does the BBC focus entirely on the bad news. How many times do they have to reiterate the death toll from this awful disease and then state that this doesn't include care homes. And that the figure is expected to rise. ? Of course it is going to rise, deaths are not going to stop overnight. Compare that to their reporting of the number of people who have recovered or who are asymptomatic? Not one mention in the last hr that I have noticed. Click bait journalism at its worst with absolutely no balance.

The death toll is deaths in hospital due to confirmed coronavirus. Analysis from other nations across europe is that around 50% of the deaths take place outside hospitals so reporting has to mention this otherwise they could be accused of covering up the true extent of the epidemic.

I am very surprised that none of the journalists had the bottle to ask Sir Patrick Vallance (PV) if he still stood by his comments about herd immunity. I suspect the questions are vetted.

If you listen carefully to PV's comments about how the UK is doing his arguments are still consistent with his herd immunity theory. For instance he said in the past that, "If you suppress something very, very hard, when you release those measures it bounces back and it bounces back at the wrong time". That thinking seems to me to underly his answers today. If there's no vaccine, and no therapeutics then it might actually be the right strategy. If that's not the case then they will have made the wrong call. I know what I think but no one can know at this stage.

I know where you are coming from, what i would say is that the last couple of days there has been a reduction in the overall death rate reported. However as a lot of people understand this is likely due to the administration involved in the reporting of deaths over the 4 day bank holiday. I suspect they are trying to keep this message up front as some people may just look at the numbers and think the peak has now passed and things will be getting back to normal. I think the reporting is also paving the way for the extension to the lock down, i guess it's going to be another 3 weeks as a minimum.

I do agree though that positive news would be most welcome now, I think people need something to cling onto at the moment.

The death toll is deaths in hospital due to confirmed coronavirus. Analysis from other nations across europe is that around 50% of the deaths take place outside hospitals so reporting has to mention this otherwise they could be accused of covering up the true extent of the epidemic.

I am very surprised that none of the journalists had the bottle to ask Sir Patrick Vallance (PV) if he still stood by his comments about herd immunity. I suspect the questions are vetted.

If you listen carefully to PV's comments about how the UK is doing his arguments are still consistent with his herd immunity theory. For instance he said in the past that, "If you suppress something very, very hard, when you release those measures it bounces back and it bounces back at the wrong time". That thinking seems to me to underly his answers today. If there's no vaccine, and no therapeutics then it might actually be the right strategy. If that's not the case then they will have made the wrong call. I know what I think but no one can know at this stage.
Good post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.