COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be suspicious of them cunts running about using the lockdown to try and set their new PB. Social distancing or not (its been done to death in the thread, i know), if theyre carrying it, blowing out of their arse, and moving... then there is absolutely no way that the danger zone around that person is a simple 6ft radius around them. It's a cloud/ chem trail.

Possibly analogous to the exhaust from a steam train, which dissipates quickly on a windy day but hangs in the air for a while and can drift in the air when the air is static.

One of the things that government advice *has* to be is simple, so issues like this will tend not to be discussed in the official advice
They could get rid of the aerosols in public spaces by employing air conditioning fitted with UV light as a filter. At least I think so.

I think the daily briefings were good but other than the update on numbers (which can be released anyway) I think we should be moving to 3 of these a week now.

the preparation and the actual conference must take so much time , not just for the politician but more importantly our two chief men in charge.

is there really that much changing on a daily basis and if it did they could convene one.

even the press are asking the same question over and over and they just duck it over and over as there really isn’t any update from the day before .
What is the mortality rate? We don’t know.
What percentage of people are asymptomatic? We don’t know.
When will we have an effective treatment? We don’t know.
When will we have a vaccine? We don’t know.
When will the lockdown end? We don’t know.
When will we have an antibody test? We don’t know.
Given that they know bugger all about this virus they’re doing quite well to keep these briefings interesting.

I get that and agree with it. But surely they should report a little but of the positive stuff.
Don't think the tact will be changing anytime soon, it'll be interesting though once we start to ease/come out of lockdown how the state of the country/virus is reported....we do desperately need some good news.

Sorry Karen. I should clarify. My friend who works for the NHS was tested after having symptoms but was not hospitalised, just sent home and allowed back in after a week as long as there were 48 hours symptom free. They may well be testing those hospitalised prior to discharge again.
Ok lovely,thanks

Don't think the tact will be changing anytime soon, it'll be interesting though once we start to ease/come out of lockdown how the state of the country/virus is reported....we do desperately need some good news.
When we achieve the above and get a semblance of normality , the media will then go into overdrive on the impending recession, scare mongering the nation and help drive us to it bringing yet more uncertaincy

A lad I work with rang me before.
Are we still in lockdown.
Do I think we will be at work tomorrow????
You’d be surprised how many people never read, watch or listen to any news.

An ex girlfriend of mine - intelligent girl, spoke four languages - never exposed herself to the news. She said it was only ever bad news so couldn’t be arsed with it. She didn’t even have a TV Licence and just watched things on Netflix and Prime on her tablet plugged into the tele so she wouldn’t even be getting the government messages between programmes at the moment.

If you don’t buy a paper or read news articles online, aren’t that big of a social media user, always switch over to something else when the news comes onto the tele or don’t listen to radio stations and just stream music... you’d know very little about what’s actually going on in the world, now or ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.