COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The death toll is deaths in hospital due to confirmed coronavirus. Analysis from other nations across europe is that around 50% of the deaths take place outside hospitals so reporting has to mention this otherwise they could be accused of covering up the true extent of the epidemic.

I am very surprised that none of the journalists had the bottle to ask Sir Patrick Vallance (PV) if he still stood by his comments about herd immunity. I suspect the questions are vetted.

If you listen carefully to PV's comments about how the UK is doing his arguments are still consistent with his herd immunity theory. For instance he said in the past that, "If you suppress something very, very hard, when you release those measures it bounces back and it bounces back at the wrong time". That thinking seems to me to underly his answers today. If there's no vaccine, and no therapeutics then it might actually be the right strategy. If that's not the case then they will have made the wrong call. I know what I think but no one can know at this stage.
We need herd immunity. The question is, how do we get there?
Vaccine preceded by testing whackamole? (A vaccine may be up to 18 months away.)
Antigen Plasma and drug treatments for those who get ill and to protect the vulnerable and letting the young catch the virus?
Social distancing. Face masks (when closer than 2 metres)?

We can't wait 18 months.
It will end up being a combination of all 3.

Puts golf clubs back in closet and opens yet another bottle of Bourbon:-(

I have got to the stage of taking polls in my various mates WhatsApp groups of how many nights a week are you currently drinking . It’s quite hard not to have a few.

I am at about 5 nights.

Another month without Dairy Lea in my supermarket! When I get my hands on this pesky virus there will be hell to pay!

19:12
BREAKINGMacron extends France's lockdown to 11 May
French President Emmanuel Macron has announced a widely expected extension to the country's lockdown. Restrictions will now be kept in place until 11 May.

It comes at a time when France’s coronavirus epidemic is showing signs of slowing down.

"Hope is coming back but nothing is certain", he said.

Another month without Dairy Lea in my supermarket! When I get my hands on this pesky virus there will be hell to pay!

19:12
BREAKINGMacron extends France's lockdown to 11 May
French President Emmanuel Macron has announced a widely expected extension to the country's lockdown. Restrictions will now be kept in place until 11 May.

It comes at a time when France’s coronavirus epidemic is showing signs of slowing down.

"Hope is coming back but nothing is certain", he said.

we are bound to do the same.

glad you seem to be improving week by week by the sounds of things. It does seem to me that there is growing evidence that in a significant amount of cases that there is reduced lung functionality which may suggest some residual scarring in the lungs??

I suspect we are not going to get any info on this for some time as all resources are on the frontline at the moment but maybe we are looking at some form of pulmonary fibrosis here?

Assume you’ve not had any X-rays at diagnosis point or after to cross ref? Suspect fairly shortly their will be post infection support groups set up on Facebook etc where hopefully you can exchange experiences, symptoms, medication etc and suspect many may also have mental scarring on this so it will be good to talk to others in the same boat...
The chinese have evidence of lung damage but i expect we won't know for sure for a couple of years when the boffins get around to studying it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.