COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the mortality rate? We don’t know.
What percentage of people are asymptomatic? We don’t know.
When will we have an effective treatment? We don’t know.
When will we have a vaccine? We don’t know.
When will the lockdown end? We don’t know.
When will we have an antibody test? We don’t know.
Given that they know bugger all about this virus they’re doing quite well to keep these briefings interesting.

They should ask the experts on Bluemoon.

See Macron saying about POSSIBLE schools going back from May 11th. No 'major gatherings' until mid July earliest and same applies to protecting the vulnerable and the elderly. I wonder what counts as a large gathering and what doesn't? A family bbq? A meal in a local restaurant? A shopping centre? Where is the line drawn, and what counts as elderly seen various figures ranging from 60, 65, 70...interested to see that if we get hopefully to that stage of things reopening then where the line is drawn.

Did he mention golf?

I am very surprised that none of the journalists had the bottle to ask Sir Patrick Vallance (PV) if he still stood by his comments about herd immunity. I suspect the questions are vetted.

If you listen carefully to PV's comments about how the UK is doing his arguments are still consistent with his herd immunity theory. For instance he said in the past that, "If you suppress something very, very hard, when you release those measures it bounces back and it bounces back at the wrong time". That thinking seems to me to underly his answers today. If there's no vaccine, and no therapeutics then it might actually be the right strategy. If that's not the case then they will have made the wrong call. I know what I think but no one can know at this stage.
Surely it would have been quicker to type ‘Valance’s’ than ‘(PV)’ and ‘PV’s’

In fact having just done so, I can confirm I am indeed correct.

Virtually all countries which are being mentioned in these comparisons have a near identical methodology for recording deaths i.e. if they died with coronavirus, they died from coronavirus.

So there will be a few outliers but most of the comparisons between other Western democracies will be fairly accurate even if they aren’t 100% accurate.

you still haven’t read it properly

Sir Patrick Valence:

No fucking shit. Really?
It's why the for east ramped up at just less than x2 cases a day and in Europe they ramped up at x3 cases a day. It's also why new cases are occuring via spread in supermarkets and why we can't restart public transport till travellers wear them.
Fucking NHS and PHE doctrine on masks. It has been a fucking disaster.
Oh and yes, most importantly we still need to wash our hands.

Why is it the NHS's fault that people haven't been told to wear masks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.