COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visitors and staff,it only takes one of them to get it and it spreads like mad
No need to state the obvious hun, I’m just saying that 2,000 separate establishments seems outrageous. Consequently, and this is where I suppose I’m heading, is that I’d say if that’s true then it must mean a larger proportion of the population have had this asymptomatically which I suppose at the end of the day is some form of positive.

No need to state the obvious hun, I’m just saying that 2,000 separate establishments seems outrageous. Consequently, and this is where I suppose I’m heading, is that I’d say if that’s true then it must mean a larger proportion of the population have had this asymptomatically which I suppose at the end of the day is some form of positive.
Sorry thought you were asking how it got in

Why is it the NHS's fault that people haven't been told to wear masks?
First its not the NHS. It's NHS and PHE (Public Health England) Management. NHS Workers are Lions led by Donkeys. I've had experience designing and delivering IT systens to these jokers. They are incompetent on a grand scale due to the centralised command and control bureaucracy.

The UK considers that the SARs virus (2003) was an airborne virus. By this, I mean small 10 micron sized droplets of fluid can carry the virus and these can becput in the air by cough, talking or indeed breathing. These then drift in the air for a couple of minutes. With ventilation these can be grounded in seconds.
This is the PHE/NHS advice on thie original SARS virus:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sars/

Why therefore did they think that Coronavirus, a very close relative of SARS was not Airborne?
Yes surface transfers and touching your face are the most common method of transfer SO HAND HYGENE IS CRITICAL but not the only way. Evidence suggests 1/3 of transfers are from the airbourne route (compare new case rates in Europe & the US with Japan/Singapore without mega testing).

Yes it only gives the wearer limited protection from catching it (around 60%) and if the wearer doesnt take it off properly they can help infect themselves, but it's most crucial role is to limit the wearer from spreading it in aerosol form into the air to others.

So why was this decision made by PHE/NHS management to rule out the use of face masks? It's not a political decision though they could have overruled their scientific advice..

I suspect the collective western world's health services were caught with their pants down (only Canada had cases of SARS) and simply didn't prepare for the next pandemic and didn't want joe public competing with health services for masks.
Again (as usual) Singapore and Taiwan show the way. N95 mask production and imports are seized by the government for the health service workers and surgical masks rationed to the public.

We failed because our Health managenent is too centralised. Unlike the far east (not China) and Germany who were extremely nimble with decision making.

Last edited:
First its not the NHS. It's NHS and PHE (Public Health England) Management. NHS Workers are Lions led by Donkeys. I've had experience designing and delivering IT systens to these jokers. They are incompetent on a grand scale due to the centralised command and control bureaucracy.

The UK considers that the SARs virus (2003) was an airborne virus. By this, I mean small 10 micron sized droplets of fluid can carry the virus and these can becput in the air by cough, talking or indeed breathing. These then drift in the air for a couple of minutes. With ventilation these can be grounded in seconds.
This is the PHE/NHS advice on thie original SARS virus:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/sars/

Why therefore did they think that Coronavirus, a very close relative of SARS was not Airborne?
Yes surface transfers and touching your face are the most common method of transfer SO HAND HYGENE IS CRITICAL but not the only way. Evidence suggests 1/3 of transfers are from the airbourne route (compare new case rates in Europe & the US with Japan/Singapore without mega testing).

Yes it only gives the wearer limited protection from catching it around 70%, but it's most crucial role is to limit the wearer spreading it in aerosol form into the air to others.

So why was this decision made by PHE/NHS management to rule out the use of face masks? It's not a political decision though they could have overruled their scientific advice..

I suspect the collective western world's health services were caught with their pants down - only Canada had cases of SARS - and simply didn't prepare for the next pandemic and didn't want joe public competing with health services for masks.
Again (as usual) Singapore and Taiwan show the way. N95 mask production and imports are seized by the government for the health service and surgical mask rationed to the public.

We failed because our Health managenent is too centralised. Unlike the far east (not China) and Germany who were extremely nimble with decision making.
But we don't have enough masks for front line workers as it is,it is much more important they have them,you could get a mask privately but 50 million of us can't,social distancing is by far the better way

Ok. Humour me with a sort of stupid question, however as I’ve had a drink then I’m conscious that I might be missing a really obvious reason.

Just stumbled across the news, and yes I appreciate why this virus kills old people so easily, but how the fuck has this virus managed to get into “2,000 care homes” as figures they’ve just quoted?

That just seems like an astonishingly high number?
Visitors and carers.

But we don't have enough masks for front line workers as it is,it is much more important they have them,you could get a mask privately but 50 million of us can't,social distancing is by far the better way

More than enough surgical masks to ration.

See the route Taiwan and Singapore took with respect to N95 and surgical masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.