COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy and Spain very recently for one. Austria, Slovckia and others previously.
I was asking who said it here ?

WHO don't recommend it, from someone who lives with someone who wears masks at work every day, they are rendered useless after a couple of uses, which is why the NHS change and throw them away regularly, and why there are such shortages, providing 60m+ regularly to our population is impossible.

It seems like the only way we are getting to grips with this in the near future is by almost all of us catching it. With the evidence suggesting that viral loading results in a worse case of the virus, could it ever be considered to manually infect people with a very low dose to let the body naturally defend itself against it? That way we can get to the point of having the right amount of people with the antibodies without causing people to need medical treatment. Or is this a pie in the sky idea?

I am afraid we naval gazed too long and missed the boat to get enough

How are you feeling?
Shit today.
I've had another relapse- slightly less gruesome this time - with kidney, Liver, Bowel, Lung lining twinges and headache issues a week after the first.
I have some antibiotics to take and I have to self isolate for another week. If it happens again I have to have a COVID-19 test, blood tests and an MRI scan.

Last edited:
Shit today.
I've had another relapse- slightly less gruesome this time - with kidney, Liver, Bowel, Lung lining and headache issues a week after the first.
I have some antibiotics to take and I have to self isolate for another week. If it happens again I have to have a COVID-19 test, blood tests and an MRI scan.
Oh sorry lovely,that is shit,you haven't half been through mill,i really hope it settles down x

But we don't have enough masks for front line workers as it is,it is much more important they have them,you could get a mask privately but 50 million of us can't,social distancing is by far the better way

3M are now making 100 million N95 masks per month and that's on it's way to doubling. And while they are the biggest supplier they are not the only one.

China are currently making 116 million masks and respirators every day.

These things are cheap, made from common resources and easy to manufacture. The mask shortages were always going to be a very short term thing. By the end of May the world will be swimming in more masks and respirators than we can use.

So why was this decision made by PHE/NHS management to rule out the use of face masks? It's not a political decision though they could have overruled their scientific advice..

We failed because our Health managenent is too centralised. Unlike the far east (not China) and Germany who were extremely nimble with decision making.

How do we know that it's the NHS management or PHE giving the advice to the Gov't on facemasks?

As far as I know, NHS management aren't giving any advice to the Gov't on COVID-19? Obviously PHE are or are you saying that the two groups are one and the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.