COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What balance do you want out of curiosity? That some people are asymptomatic isnt current news. We knew this a couple of months ago. We still don't know how many are asymptomatic here so they can't report on that. There isn't much good news to grab onto right now so you're gonna have to just deal with it sadly mate.
I know the government are not reporting recoveries, goodness knows why not when everyone else in Europe seems to be , but the journalists could do some actual journalism and ask the NHS trusts how many people are being discharged as recovered. That would be good news. Just for some balance.

We aren’t recording recoveries, as a nation. Our recoveries figure currently stands at “N/A”.

Plus I’d always rather be told the cold hard truth, no matter how bad or relentless it is.

I can make and take the positives of things in my own mind.

Like Liverpool failing to win the PL again :-)

A friend of the wife went to drop some shopping off at her mums as she is housebound.
She managed to get a video of the queue for the click and collect at B and Q (ashton).
Queue was fuckin massive....from b and q past the M60.
Mental.

Was yesterday.

Belgium has the worst deaths per million from Covid and they haven't got 5g.

Conclusion: not having 5g leads to greater incidence of Covid, herefore 5g must somehow destroy the virus.

A much better conspiracy theory. Dear Eamonn....
Ah, but you haven’t controlled for sales of Huawei phones in Belgium.

This might sound like a daft question but I’m genuinely intrigued: How does the virus get into care homes so readily? It’s not like it knows that it’s a care home full of people it can easily kill.

This might sound like a daft question but I’m genuinely intrigued: How does the virus get into care homes so readily? It’s not like it knows that it’s a care home full of people it can easily kill.
I assume the staff are taking all the precautions possible and as soon as they come into contact with somebody with it they isolate themselves. What that brings into question again and the big unknown is how many of us are carrying asymptomatic maybe thousands. Once in a care home it will just rip through very quickly.

It's brought in by staff or health care workers, unfortunately. They also have paramedics, nurses and doctors in from time to time.

It's brought in by staff, visitors and probably items delivered to the care home. The difficult thing is that these people are vulnerable and need people to look after them so they can never truly be isolated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.