COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people still allowed to visit relatives in care homes or are they all on lockdown ? Social distancing if they are ..
The ones near us stopped all visitors a good 2 or 3 weeks before the lockdown. We had deliveries to make to ours before lockdown and weren’t allowed past the front door we had to ring the bell and leave on the doorstep.

Belgium has the worst deaths per million from Covid and they haven't got 5g.

Conclusion: not having 5g leads to greater incidence of Covid, therefore 5g must somehow destroy the virus.

A much better conspiracy theory. Dear Eamonn....
It’s comical

Get yourself a tin foil hat if you think COVID-19 will NOT be mentioned on the death certificate if it's a contributory factor.
This year is also a "Worse than average" year for normal flu and the two are very different in pre mortis sysymptoms.
I've edited the post as I agree that would not obviously be happening. The guidance to doctors is "if before death the patient had symptoms typical of COVID-19 infection, but the test result has not been received, it would be satisfactory to give ‘COVID-19’ as the cause of death". But the guidance was only amended two weeks ago so I guess it's possible that some doctors may not in the early days have mentioned Covid as cause of death (even though it's a notifiable disease).

As to rapid spread, and again it's a guess, but (a) a lot of people visit and deliver to care homes and (b) staff without PPE and disposing between dealing with each resident means the risks of cross infection must be high and (c) some homes may not have restricted communal events and meals as soon as they might.

Last edited:
My mum was in care from aged 36 - 60, obviously I visited many times, many different homes, there is nursing and in effect old people’s homes, the nursing used to constantly ask, not to visit if you had even mild symptoms of flu etc. Presume most virus’s are rampant at the best of times. Most have the communal areas and are herded in together.

Well that’s the concept of average which I am
Vaguely aware of. But thanks anyway.

I meant how are these deaths being registered as flu ? Are these official figures or just numbers used for the example ? And if it’s official and these are registered as flu, could it be that the covid 19 deaths are being included in deaths caused by flu to downplay the severity of covid 19 impact?

See the original post that I have updated to include a link to the Flu Report.

Just reading a 120% increase in domestic abuse calls to the helpline, a secret code set up for calling the police, what fucking numptys are we living amongst. I understand heightened tensions money worries etc, but Christ look after your own not fuckin batter them.
It’s been on the rise over the last five years in Manchester before this. Fuck knows what some households have been like during this lockdown.

“The number of domestic abuse related crimes reported to the GMP has dramatically increased over the past five years, with 18,668 reported in 2014 compared to 45,714 in 2018.”
http://www.mancunianmatters.co.uk/c...e-crimes-rise-manchester-number-charges-falls

You have to remember as well, that some of the worst ones, the victims are too scared to report it.

care homes were always going to be badly hit by this. closer more intimate personal care will be carried out due to nature of work. if your not provided with proper PPE your at a higher risk of contraction of covid. i would say about 50% of my friends work in some level of social care and i don't know of any that have been tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.