COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might sound like a daft question but I’m genuinely intrigued: How does the virus get into care homes so readily? It’s not like it knows that it’s a care home full of people it can easily kill.

I was talking to an ambulance driver on my journey through a&e last week
their treating covis19 patients then being called to a care home to treat a patient that’s where a lot of these infections are being transmitted as the ambulance drivers keep their uniforms on all day/ night etc don’t wear scrubs that’s one reason

I'm just reporting the news, it's an unusual situation and I don't have any answers to it, just questions.
We all have questions, and after it’s over we’ll have more questions and need answers And a full inquiry to learn lessons. At the moment though for me anyway, I can only assume everybody is doing their utmost, and acting on the best advice as quickly as they can. and so will wait for the time to make my judgements on what was done well or badly.

A friend of mine works in a care home in audenshaw and they have been asked to take in recovering covid patients in any empty beds the have.

They are virus free at the moment

Staff are in open revolt about it

It's brought in by staff, visitors and probably items delivered to the care home. The difficult thing is that these people are vulnerable and need people to look after them so they can never truly be isolated.
Most have been in visiting lockdown before the official lockdown. I know they're concerned about it coming in on newspapers and the like.

Where does “worse than average year for normal flu” comes from ?
The number of deaths.
Good year <= 2,500 deaths.
Average year = approx 5,000 deaths.
Bad year >= 10,000 deaths
We were looking at around 6,000 for this years flu deaths.

The Flu Report is a good one to check and it it is clearly picking up COViD cases from the end of March as the Flu season was virtually at an end.
https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/weekly-national-flu-reports-2019-to-2020-season

Even a blind man could spot if the figures for flu pneumonia were/are artificially bumped up.
As I said, get yourself a Tin Foil Hat if you think otherwise.

EDIT: I originally used the wrong column for the above numbers and have halved them accordingly

Last edited:
A friend of mine works in a care home in audenshaw and they have been asked to take in recovering covid patients in any empty beds the have.

They are virus free at the moment

Staff are in open revolt about it
And so they should be if they've not been tested prior to hospital discharge.
Just another point. If one of their residents tests positive they have the right to stay in the home and not to be hospitalised if they so wish. Crazy I know but that's what's happening.

Last edited:
This might sound like a daft question but I’m genuinely intrigued: How does the virus get into care homes so readily? It’s not like it knows that it’s a care home full of people it can easily kill.
I asked this one last night mate when I heard this figure of “over 2000 care homes are infected”.

My only reasoning is that the percentage of asymptomatic carriers must be pretty large.

I asked this one last night mate when I heard this figure of “over 2000 care homes are infected”.

My only reasoning is that the percentage of asymptomatic carriers must be pretty large.
Are people still allowed to visit relatives in care homes or are they all on lockdown ? Social distancing if they are ..

If doctors put it on the certificate as a contributing factor at some point it will be counted by the ONS , unless you think all doctors have been instructed to not put it on the certificate and you think all doctors are complying with that instruction. Will some be missed , yes, deliberately no.
At some point they will be made available.

This is true.

We heard yesterday that the wife's cousin was tested post-mortem and the test came back as inconclusive.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/covid-19-—-coronavirus.344314/page-2352#post-12557507

However, COVID-19 was put as a significant condition contributing to the death. This implies that docs are putting COVID-19 on death certificates if they suspect that it was a cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.