COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that’s the concept of average which I am
Vaguely aware of. But thanks anyway.

I meant how are these deaths being registered as flu ? Are these official figures or just numbers used for the example ? And if it’s official and these are registered as flu, could it be that the covid 19 deaths are being included in deaths caused by flu to downplay the severity of covid 19 impact?

Or could it be that flu deaths are being included as Covid-19 and making it look worse? Just as plausible but doesn't fit the narrative people are trying to convey.

ONS figures released.

Seems like upto 3rd of April there was 2,000 more deaths than the number released on that day.

Although these numbers include anyone where Covid was mentioned on the death certificate even if only suspected of having it.

Thats a terrible stat! Did they say if that was the highest cause of death and what the other categories and percentages were?
10% of UK Coronavus deaths occured outside hospital prior to April 3rd, but that is 10 days ago.
Daughter expects that quite a few other people will die from other causes as a result of this pandemic.
- Now as people wont go to hospital till symptoms are too severe.
- Later through the effects of the reduction of hospital treatments (cancer etc).

Last edited:
care homes were always going to be badly hit by this. closer more intimate personal care will be carried out due to nature of work. if your not provided with proper PPE your at a higher risk of contraction of covid. i would say about 50% of my friends work in some level of social care and i don't know of any that have been tested.
At the best of times, care-homes are all too often in the news for the wrong reasons, and now is the worst of times.....how many should really be in a hospital will never be revealed; but the lack of testing is beyond comprehension...and all for ZHC or minimum wage. And the peak is still to come...

10% of UK Coronavus deaths occured outside hospital prior to April 3rd, but that is 10 days ago.
figures quite confusing but yes an extra 10% up until 3rd Aril so plus 400 on total for Eng and Wales.

Does that get added to the daily figures announced today?

figures quite confusing but yes an extra 10% up until 3rd Aril so plus 400 on total for Eng and Wales.

Does that get added to the daily figures announced today?
No.
Also, Wordometers policy is to add retrospective deaths to the correct daily total when the death dates are known. Whether they will or not or the deaths are lost is open to question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.